sharetrader
Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Default LYC: rare earth minerals the next big thing

With commodities all the rage at the moment, lyc could be in the next commodity to be in demand after Uranium. They have a substantial deposit (life of mine 35 years) at Laverton WA. Most RE are sourced from China and demand is apparently outstripping supply. Certainly on my watch list.

I have been following Lynas for a while now and bought a parcel at 14c not long ago after watching it trend downwards then move sideways for sometime, now trading at over 20c.

Rare earth minerals are used in the manufacture of TV's, computers,healthcare products etc.

Recommend downloading a copy of the annual report and having a look at this one.

Also picked it in my ASX comp picks.

Moe, hi I have done a bit of research including reading the annual report but I always dismiss statements by a company or its officials. What sparked my interest was a few articles I found on the web from the US about how they needed to secure a source for the commodities and couldn't afford to let China monopolise them. It highlighted that while the US had companies such as Intel, GM and the defence industries using more of rare earth they didn't have a good supply and had to rely on China. I also found that Huntley's had this year done an analysis on LYC and rated it a spec buy. While there are still risks (execution and financing) the one thing that is certain unlike an explorer is the value of the assets in the ground and that open pit mining will extract it. The value of rare earth minerals has increased around 40% in the last year and China has been forced to close some of its mines due to environmental concerns. For selfish reasons I hope your tip comes true!!

Moe, and forgot to add ... chart looks fantastic! Emas have just crossed up, DMIs positive, MAvol increasing as price goes up. A/D line a little flat and would like that to be positive but can't have everything.

Roget do you know of other ASX companies trading in Rare Earth Minerals? Have you any good links for the sector?

I had mentioned the annual report purely as a good starter for those new to Rare Minerals and the uses for them. You would obviosly have to weigh in many other elements before investing adn do your own research.

ARU

Nolans Bore REE deposit
    You are what you eat... so don\'t tell me that i told you to eat it!

DYOR.

Moe, hi as to your questions, no i don't know of another ASX companies in Rare Earth but moonshine said ARU so I suppose they meant they do. Have I looked at anyothers? No. I know there is at least one other ASX company as one of the articles i read said this. As for web sites for the articles I looked at sorry I am not that organised!! The fall in price today (1.5cents) has me a bit nervous though but I will wait to see how the chart for the full week pans out. The company according to its own timetable and Huntley's analysis is expecting to report of two milestones in this quater so I would have thought these would supported the sp.

Hard to beat ARU and the Nolans Bore deposit for RE's.
    Also Phosphate & Uranium.
    Also J/V with Laramide (U), gold prospects, iron Ore royalties etc etc. Worth reading recent reports.

sorry but ARU is the best IMO...

its shot up 50%+ on the options as of late
    u could have got them sub 20 cents for ALONG TIME, i know a few HC posters have hundred of thousands if not million.. of ARU options..

ended today around 27/8 cents...

sorry to say but the train has left the station..

maybe u mite be able to get on when they have their first stop..

but the gates are open and the bulls r running.

get on!

DISC: ARUO
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE