sharetrader
Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

I've been in this long term for a few years (since the $1 a share days), got out, later got back in, went through the funding agonies, doubled up at the 45c cash raising.
    Used to have ARU too, but missed that one's recent runup.

It's fun when something with such overpowering fundamentals finally runs.

Veteran novice

Well done, tobo!

I'm still kicking myself for missing this stellar run by LYC, having had half an eye on it since it first started to move from around 55c.

All the news is positive for rare earths and LYC appears to be best placed of the Aussie RE companies to get into production. It passes all my primitive TA tests as a Buy and yet I stood around like a stuffed doll while it made its run. The question now is, do I leave it or chase it?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Well done, tobo!

I'm still kicking myself for missing this stellar run by LYC, having had half an eye on it since it first started to move from around 55c.

All the news is positive for rare earths and LYC appears to be best placed of the Aussie RE companies to get into production. It passes all my primitive TA tests as a Buy and yet I stood around like a stuffed doll while it made its run. The question now is, do I leave it or chase it?

Thats always a hard one Mac and TA could be the best method for making an informed judgment to entry HOWEVER the following may also add weight or otherwise to your decision.

1The REE basket price has soared to $31.94 up 98% since June 30th.

2 China is continually limiting exports of REE s.

3The profile of REES is becoming widely recognised and understood for its strategic importance and necessiaty into the future.

4LYC have stated they will be looking at processing others REE s thru the Malaysian plant.

5.The registry is wide open .

6.LYC will have first to market advantage of REE production outside of China.

7.NO debt and fully funded into stage 1 production.

Of course even with all that the usual risks would apply such as cost overruns ,REE price collapse,market meltdown and any out of left field possabilities

Bought some last week. My first foray into mining. I like the fundamentals and rapidly increasing REE prices which seem to be based on a reappraisal of the market situation (squeeze on chinese supply which accounts for 90-95% of world output, run down of inventory, an appreciation of the strategic importance of REE resources, and growing demand from high tech industries, especially new green technologies). Meaning prices may be staging a long term move to a higher level. Lynas look set to become the only non-chinese supplier of significance for some time to come - possibly 3-5 years. Due to the high concentration of their ore-body Lynas will also have a long term advantage from significanly lower production costs than competitiors. As Steve notes, they also have all the cash they need to get into production.

During my due dilligence I came across http://www.raremetalblog.com, which sems to have a log of intelligent commentary from well informed contributors.

I am also kicking myself for missing out on ARU and LYC when the sp was weak.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Steve01

I have split my holdings between LYC and GXY.
    My only concern with LYC is the market cap and the number of shares on issue.
    The GXY presentation on the 2nd June is worth spending some time on.

LEW

Advanced Member

Jeepers, look at all the buyers stacked up above last night's closing price of 95!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Jeepers, look at all the buyers stacked up above last night's closing price of 95!
    Well, looks like their requirements were all met, at lower prices, by eager profit-takers. Once these short-term (overnight) traders are mostly out of the way we will see a more normal and steady upwards progression, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Well, looks like their requirements were all met, at lower prices, by eager profit-takers. Once these short-term (overnight) traders are mostly out of the way we will see a more normal and steady upwards progression, I believe.
    ADR s at AU 85cps equivelant overnight http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/s...bol=US%3ALYSDY.

possible entry for some or will it go lower?

Lyc hits 100.5 cps did you get in Macduffy?DR who?