sharetrader
Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Heavy rare earth rescource 3 fold increase http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2010090...p8ym8zg6ty.pdf

Shareprice lifts 8.8% to 117 cps I believe there is still a lot more upside here on fundamentals

This is great news for LYC SH. The dysprosium & yttrium grades are encouraging. Always happens after you have sold out of the company :-)
    Knowing they had their own HREEs I am curious why LYC took a stake in NTU - maybe they had "reasons" to thwart ECE.

double figure % increase for all the RE stocks yesturday - effectively no increase at all for the ann of the increased LYC resource.
    Unlucky timing? Or will that flow through in coming days? Probably not. The market seems not to be able to add 2 pieces of good news together.
    Mind you, LYC has some serious price momentum going atm.

http://www.economist.com/node/169440...n/tw/te/rss/pe

China restricts exports of some obscure but important commodities

this article may generate some more interest...
    Last edited by peat; 08-09-2010 at 12:28 AM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    http://www.economist.com/node/169440...n/tw/te/rss/pe

China restricts exports of some obscure but important commodities

this article may generate some more interest...
    Nothing new in this article but certainly the profile and importance of REEs is becoming better understood by larger numbers of people and there are very few companies to invest in for those interested in REEs .Lynas appears to have the first to market advantage outside of China and a great deposit and a great processing facility under construction in Malayasia.
    Fundermentally looks very good into the future notwithstandig market meltdown,cost overruns ,or out of left field events .

Wink

Things shaping up very well for LYC with this ANN http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2010091...w8h7v3tr16.pdf
    Letter of offer for A$30 mill of working capitol facilities (unsecured).Both MT Weld and Malaysia processing facilities are on schedule and within budget .SP now at 134

This is going to heat things up - China has just banned the sale of REs to Japan in retaliation for a boundary dispute. Long term I think that China has just shot itself in the foot but in the short term it'll be great for the RE miners. I'm kicking myself that I sold out of LYC.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    This is going to heat things up - China has just banned the sale of REs to Japan in retaliation for a boundary dispute. Long term I think that China has just shot itself in the foot but in the short term it'll be great for the RE miners. I'm kicking myself that I sold out of LYC.
    Thanks for "unearthing" (!) that bit of info, Snapper. I wondered why there had been a bit of a kick-up in the sp today, following some weakness in recent days.

Am still a happy holder.

weakness is just consolidation (traders taking profits). No biggie.

This morning I heard on BBCworld that China wants to be the leader in electric car production.
    And get this, it is going to insist on being given electric car technology for free, in return for them not shutting Japan/Erope/US out from selling them into Chinese market
    Last edited by tobo; 25-09-2010 at 08:38 AM.

To all LYC holders.

Enjoy a nice cold beer tonight.

I haven't got my head around why the big re-rate.

But I like it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by lewinsky View Post
    To all LYC holders.

Enjoy a nice cold beer tonight.

I haven't got my head around why the big re-rate.

But I like it.
    Yes, "cool" is the word, isn't it. Seems that anything to do with REE excites a lot of interest these days. I see that GGG, which I have also held for a while, is also enjoying a resurgence of popularity - Greenland is purported to have oodles of the stuff, somewhere.