sharetrader
Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lewinsky View Post
    To all LYC holders.

Enjoy a nice cold beer tonight.

I haven't got my head around why the big re-rate.

But I like it.
    Hi Lew ,I think the japanese stimulis package is helping also Deutsche bank have a buy recommendation and target $1.8.
    LYC have the potential to be the BHP of rare earths provided they do not get taken out at some stage >
    I hope some of you traders out there have been doing well from this runup
    11.2% rise today.

Lightbulb

It looks to me that REE s and LYC in particular (on FA) is looking to go ballistic (any TA people williing to comment),
    I am not trying to ramp this share as I intend holding into the forseeable future)but see it as a possiblity (on the back of a large amount of research)and the current situation gaining huge momentum and the risk factor reducing.
    This from Business Spectator
    "The market for these rare earths is only about $1.4 billion a year so there is a long way to go before China’s position is another Saudi. But they are essential to most of the world’s manufactured products where demand is growing.

About 97 per cent of the world’s rare earth capacity is in China, including the essential refineries which western countries have tended to shun because of environmental objections."
    full article http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...cument&src=sph
    The political and stratigic implications are becoming increasingly apparent and publicised.
    The biggest advantage besides the richest deposit in the world for LYC is the ability to refine that deposit which is the key to any REE rescoure.
    Anyway for those interested do your own researh and this is my opinion only .

Advanced Member

LYC also continuing to benefit from the rare earths "scramble". (See also threads for GGG and ARU).

For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hi All
    Good article here, “Lynas is in a good position because it signed a number of” sales agreements, Andrew Sullivan, an analyst at BBY Ltd., said from Sydney. “It definitely has first-mover advantage for Western or non-Chinese rare earths users that are looking to diversify. The same could be said about Molycorp. It’s got agreements in place for quite a bit of its production.”

Will be looking for weakness to get aboard, have missed the boat a bit however.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...re-earths.html

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gasbox View Post
    Hi All
    Good article here, “Lynas is in a good position because it signed a number of” sales agreements, Andrew Sullivan, an analyst at BBY Ltd., said from Sydney. “It definitely has first-mover advantage for Western or non-Chinese rare earths users that are looking to diversify. The same could be said about Molycorp. It’s got agreements in place for quite a bit of its production.”

Will be looking for weakness to get aboard, have missed the boat a bit however.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...re-earths.html
    Welcome aboard, Gasbox. I'm sure you will enjoy participating here.

Yes, LYC is well down the track compared with all the other wannabes.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Welcome aboard, Gasbox. I'm sure you will enjoy participating here.

Yes, LYC is well down the track compared with all the other wannabes.
    Colin,
    I am watching this space. Even spent $US300 on a free USA trial. This is world politics at its worst. " I have it, you haven't". The Chinese rule the World. Get you kids to learn Mandarin.

Global demand for rare earths will increase by an average of 9 percent a year to 2014, led by greater use of the materials in magnets and batteries, Lynas Corp. Ltd. said today.
    Total demand for the group of elements, used in everything from industrial magnets, breaking systems of Toyota Motor Corp. Prius cars and flat screen TVs, is set to grow to 190,100 metric tons in 2014, from an expected 136,100 tons this year, Sydney- based rare earths developer Lynas said in a presentation.
    China, producer of more than 90 percent of the world’s rare earths, reduced its second-half export quota for the minerals by 72 percent in July and is now further restricting exports, according to industry participants.
    Global supply would only grow to 170,000 tons by 2014 according to company estimates, Lynas said, leaving the market with a 20,000-ton shortfall. The company is developing the A$550 million ($547 million) Mount Weld rare earths project in Australia.
    Price Rises
    The price of lanthanum oxide, used in hybrid car batteries among other applications, has risen almost sevenfold to $50 a kilogram, compared with the second quarter this year, according to Lynas’ website.

LYC sp down to 148.5 looks to me like the big players are shaking the tree to dislodge stock ripe for the picking.Buying opportunity for traders? or a leg down any TA people willing to comment?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    LYC sp down to 148.5 looks to me like the big players are shaking the tree to dislodge stock ripe for the picking.Buying opportunity for traders? or a leg down any TA people willing to comment?
    Apparently, a brokerage house downgraded the stock today, according to AFR.