sharetrader
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Useful Sites

Default MWSnap A brilliant screen capture tool

MWSnap A brilliant screen capture tool

I have installed this programme on the work computer for documentation and I'm thinkin it will be brilliant for forex as well.

When you want to do a screen capture (after you start the programme obviously) use Ctrl-Shift-A and then mouse click zoomy action over the area you specifically want to capture on your screen.
    Then either paste directly somewhere else eg an email or doc, or save as from within MWSnap, and then upload to imageshack or similar etc.

very configurable , small download, small memory footprint, basically its mwsnappy!
    oh and its free. and spyware free too.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/mwsnap.html

lol at their typo in the description
    "for taking scren captures..." (sic)

Agree Peat.

I used MWSnap for sometime many moons ago but for some reason the program became corrupted and I failed to get it snapping again.

Anyway, I'm presently using Printkey 2000 which also seems to be pretty good. (Freeware),

Cluster**** Nation by Jim Kunstler

Always a good daily read...............

January 21, 2008 Knees knocked last week from sea to shining sea as the shape-shifting monster of economic reality cut a swathe of destruction through the markets and financial ranks. The exact nature of this giant beast still remained largely concealed in a fog of accounting gambits, policy blusters, and reporting dodges, but a few intrepid scouts who glimpsed the behemoth up close said it looked like Godzilla with Herbert Hoover's face.
    George W. Bush, tried to appease the beast by offering each American adult the dollar equivalent of half a month's mortgage payment -- with the exhortation to drive forthwith to the nearest WalMart and blow it on salad shooters and plasma TV's -- but Hooverzilla just laughed at the offering and pounded the equity markets further into the dust of loss, while the "bank-like" guardians of wealth lay in the drainage ditches bleeding from their ears and eyes.
    My favorite moment was seeing Treasury Secretary Paulson and one of his fellow shaved-head deputies at a press conference rostrum frantically trying to calm the news media rabble like a couple of extraplanetary high priests from a Star Trek episode -- the batteries having run down in their laser wands, and their incantations ("liquidity! liquidity!) veering into mystifying glossolalia.
    I resort to such admitted extreme hyperbole because it may be the only language that an infotainment-drunk society can still process in the face of an epochal calamity that will transform the lush terms of everyday life as we've known it into something like a bleak surrealist landscape in the manner of Tanguy. That crashing sound out there is the armature of confidence needed to support an economy based on faith that borrowed money will be paid back. It's as simple as that. (Doesn't seem so exciting now, does it?)
    The United States is so broke, its people at every level from the Federal Reserve on down don't know whether to **** or go blind. The homeowners cringing in the media rooms of their 5000-square-foot personal family resorts don't know how long they can stay put microwaving pepperoni hot pockets with the default clock ticking. The mortgage "servicers" don't know how they will persuade interested parties like, say, the Illinois State Cafeteria Workers' Pension Fund (holder of X-amount of mortgage-backed securities underwritten by, say, Merrill Lynch or Deutsche Bank) to foreclose on properties scattered everywhere from Key West to Bainbridge Island -- or if there is actually any legal mechanism known to man that would make it possible to "work out" the sliced-and-diced collateral. The millions of maxed-out credit card holders and the issuers of their plastic are stuck together paddling a leaky tub in a sea of troubles every bit as wide, deep, and polluted as the one the mortgage junkies and their enablers are sinking in. The developers of malls, office parks, and power centers are weeping into their filing cabinets as the harsh daylight of insolvency stops the orgy of "consumption" and the retail tenants pack up their unsellable goodies for the liquidators, and the rent checks stop arriving in the mail, and the notes on this mall and that mall enter the eerie realm of "non-performance." And, of course, there are the genius wonder boyz and Wall Street playerz whose algorithms and turpitudes underwrote the script of this horror show -- for all I know they'll end up laughing into sugary skull drinks on a beach in the Cayman Islands, or doing Chinese fire drills in federal prison (or simply ass-****ed on the granite countertops of their Tribecca aeries by mobs of angry, repossessed, swindled former American dreamers pouring into Manhattan from the tract house dormitories of New Jersey and Long Island).
    There's a lot to be concerned about out there. I don't mean to be too cute about it. But, as the master once said, nothing is funnier than unhappiness.
    A whole closet full of "other shoes" is now waiting to be dropped. Surely the biggest clodhoppers in the closet belong to the hedge funds, representing trillions and trillions of dollar-denominated "positions" which, however hallucinatory, had previously yielded enough real "money" year-by-year to keep all the realtors and Humvee dealers in the Hamptons goose-stepping to Goldman Sachs's drumbeat. These "positions" can't help now from moving into counterparty crisis territory, especially as the bond insurers such as MBIA and Ambac go up in a vapor, and if that happens the damage could be so colossal globally that Stephen Hawking might have to be brought in to run the Federal Reserve.
    This is going to be a rough week. Fastening your seat belts may not be enough for this ride. Better superglue yourselves to the floorboards and pray for God's mercy.

http://jameshowardkunstler.typepad.c...er****_nation/

if you are using arco's link you'll need to retype the ****'s into that rude work beginning with an F if you want it to work.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Thanks Peat......rushed off and didnt check the link.

You can also access the blog from...............
    http://www.kunstler.com/

Default Only in America

"When Marcia Neilson couldn't qualify for a home loan in early 2006 because of poor credit, her mortgage broker, Nicole Lyder, had an unusual solution: Add Neilson's daughter to the loan application. "Neilson's 21-year-old daughter had just lost her job, but Lyder remained undeterred. 'That wasn't a problem,' Neilson recalled her broker saying. "Neilson's real estate agent said Lyder enlisted him to drive Neilson and her daughter to Brockton City Hall. The pair filled out a business certificate that claimed they owned a hair salon in Brockton.
    "The Neilsons qualified for a mortgage and bought a Dorchester house in June 2006 for $565,000. Last fall, Marcia Neilson learned from state investigators looking into Lyder's business practices that her loan application was padded in other ways: a statement for a $25,000 bank account in Neilson's name that she had no knowledge of.
    "Fake documents, a phantom borrower, and other irregularities were common features of five subprime mortgages brokered by Lyder between November 2005 and June 2006 that were examined by the Boston Globe. Lyder's clients ranged from the barely employed to struggling working-class couples; one had just left a homeless shelter and two others gave up government-subsidized housing to buy homes. They said Lyder arranged loans that they later realized had monthly payments that far exceeded their means.
    All five loans are now in foreclosure."

Question

Hi Xerof

there is a book Titled Dont sign anything,How to protect yourself from tricks and traps in Real estate.
    it could have been a worthwhile read for some a few years ago!

Seems quite common and widespread in the US, i ask myself how could so many people get duped by the likes of Lyder,but suppose thats why they targeted the homeless, Mexicans and the poor who were unsuspecting and believed the promises of the good life

"There are a ton of trading dictionaries out there. Unfortunately, most of them give you a 10 word definition of a term, leaving you without any detail or context to fully understand the concept.

PFX has gone out there and done some leg work for you. We've thoughtfully determined which terms/concepts are most relevant to you as a forex trader, and compiled them for you in one place. This Reference is also always available to you in the navigation at the top of the sight under "Learn Forex" at the sub-menu item "Terms to Know.""

http://www.pfxglobal.com/index.php?o...051&Itemid=253

Thanks for the link, Arco...
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.

I found this link useful even though its referring to software I am not interested in it gives good descriptions of arcs and fans.

http://www.oilspace.com/eng/dscharts...4s02.html#s318
    Last edited by peat; 08-04-2008 at 10:06 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....