sharetrader
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Sundance Resources - SDL

BIG announcement on Friday.

Acquisition of a 850 million tonne Iron Ore deposit in Cameroon, Africa.

Lots of shares to be issued as a part of the acquisition, but with grades of 63%-65% and VERY low impurities... a resource of this type is becoming harder and harder to find.

If shareholders approve the cap raising, then there will be many 2.5-3c shares on the market... but again, a resource of this size and purity/impurity ration doesn't come along every day.

Could re-trace a bit to 5c... but that would be a definite BUY for me.

Cheers,

Moonshine

[u]STOCK EXCHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT
    ACQUISITION OF CAM IRON (SA)
    AND $3.6 MILLION CAPITAL RAISING
    </u>

The Board of Sundance Resources Ltd (“Sundance”) is pleased to announce that it has
    entered into an agreement to acquire a 100% interest in Cam Iron SA ("Cam"), a
    company incorporated in the Republic of Cameroon in central west Africa. Cam is the
    beneficial owner of Exploration Permit No 92 which covers an area of 875 square
    kilometres over the Mbalam Iron Ore Province (“Mbalam”) in Cameroon. Significant
    iron ore mineralisation exists within the Exploration Permit where previous work by the
    United Nations Development Fund ("UNDF") has identified iron ore occurrences
    which are poorly explored with considerable potential.

Mbalam is located about 300 km east-southeast of the capital city of Yaounde in the
    southern part of the country. The deposits are typical supergene haematite enrichments
    from an Archean banded iron formation protore which has been recrystallised to
    ferruginous quartzite or itabirite. In this way, they occur in a similar geological setting
    to large iron ore deposits mined in the past in Liberia and currently being evaluated in
    Guinea and in the neighbouring country of Gabon.

The main deposit is the Mbarga iron ore deposit which was identified by the UNDF in
    1982 from a strong magnetic anomaly. The work undertaken by the UNDF indicated
    partially laterite and scree covered haematite mineralisation extending over 2,000m
    along strike at widths of up to 600m but more commonly at 400m. The UNDF work
    was based upon the known outcrops of haematite mineralisation and did not include
    scree and laterite covered extensions which suggests a large mineralisation potential.
    The mapping also reveals another possible fold repetition of mineralisation one
    kilometre to the west.

The other main haematite occurrence evaluated by the UNDF at Metzimevin is poorly
    explored with just 6 diamond drill holes. Two haematite outcrops, both about 600m long are known and intercepts of 63.9m @ 65.7% Fe in S1 and 36.9m @ 64.6% Fe in
    S2 are recorded from poorly sited drill holes. Systematic angled drilling is required to
    determine the continuity of mineralisation at this deposit.

It is intended that once the acquisition of Cam is completed, Sundance will commence
    an initial drilling programme to evaluate the existing resources at Mbalam and to
    expand the regional exploration along about 50 km of unexplored iron formation with
    indications of haematite mineralisation.

An initial review of historical data indicates that Mbalam can be likely developed into a
    low cost producer of quality, low phosphorous, marketable grade iron ore. Mining
    costs, assisted by modest stripping ratios, should be low. The major capital costs
    associated with developing Mbalam will be the construction of a rail line and new port
    facilities. It is anticipated that development funds from agencies such as the World
    Bank, IMF and African Development Bank may be available for such an important
    project for the economy of Cameroon.

Following the acquisition of Cam, Sundance will have a portfolio of significant
    international resource projects in Chile, Bolivia and Cameroon.

MBALAM IRON ORE PROVINCE (“MBALAM”)

ProMet Engineers Pty Ltd (“ProMet”) has conducted a preliminary review of Mbalam
    including available data and reports compiled by the United Nations Development
    Fund ("UNDF"), the Canadian International Developme
    You are what you eat... so don\'t tell me that i told you to eat it!

DYOR.

SDL been MOTORING along of late.

Quietly (well, over 25 million traded actually) hitting 8.4c today.

Doesn't seem to want to stop there either...

hope you had a dabble!

Moonshine

DYOR.

oh yeah...

the chart looks sensational.

DYOR.

Closed on the high today at 8.5c.

Very high volume - 29 million.

Very bullish.

Cheers,

Moonshine

DYOR.

[8D][8D]

DYOR.

Great announcement.

Has acquired 100% ownership of the Charcarilla Copper prospect in Bolivia.

http://www.asx.com.au//asxpdf/200604...71xljmk2qn.pdf

Massive visual strike length of 30kms... copper mineralisation to a depth of 60m, and historical drill grades of 4%-18% Cu.

With enough time and money... this could become a Fantastic asset.

Cheers,

Moonshine

DYOR.

Banned

This one went off the boil but has doubled in the last few weeks.

Banned

Banned

Up to 10.5 and big volume. Something's up.

Yep... huge buyers lurking.

At one stage there was a $1,000,000 buy order at 10c.

There must be some good news leaking, or, other capable persons are compiling their own pre-feasibility study... and are coming up with GOOD results.

Seems like one of many juniors trying to get big Fe projects off the ground, like ARH, ADY etc.

DYOR.