sharetrader
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegasus Town

Advanced Member

Default Pegasus Town

This is creating heaps of interest - partially fed, no doubt, by the "largest model of its type in existence" which took 300 Chinese model-makers 6 months to produce and cost something like $7m. Its certainly an imaginative development - assuming Infinity can bring it off. A complete new town of 5,000 people, a short drive from central Ch-ch. "Play where you live" - or is it the other way round!
    Prices for the lakeside sections don't look cheap (or perhaps they do, to yuppie Aucklanders) but they seem to have attracted a lot of interest if one is to judge by the options and bids already placed.
    The first release of golf course properties will be at 12 noon on Thursday.
    Check out the website - www.pegasustown.com

(No, I have no financial or other interest in the developer, the real estate agents, or anyone else associated with this venture - but I do hold some shares in the previous owner/developer, HQP, who left some of the settlement price on a deferred basis - about $10m out of the total $30m, if I recall correctly.)

Having done reasonably well out of the sharemarket in recent years, and given the current "peakiness" there, I must confess to being a little tempted to have a flutter on this development. Its not my usual style as having been a bit of a property investor in the past I am aware of the many pitfalls and all the developers/agents hype, etc., but ................... Pegasus could provide a bit of excitement! Don't knock excitement, but don't bet the bank, either!

Now, let me have all your negatives!

500k for even the smallest of sections?? Don't think cantabrians will find that overly amusing - I'd rather pick up a section in the heart of fendalton

The model incudes a lot of very expensive infrastructure including aqua centre, golf course, lakes, golf course etc. I could not see in the documentation that the developer is obliged to include the infrastructure. This development has 50% more sections that Northwood but with a lot more infrastructure. I’m very sceptical

Indeed, without a lot of support from a very good number of developers and businesses, this wouldn't even get close to getting off the ground....

They've brought the land and the model to go with it, not enough imo...

isnt there something spooky about creating a perfect town.....it fair gives me the creeps....drive around Northwood.....what a cold Miamai-look-alike...

quote:Originally posted by troyvdh

isnt there something spooky about creating a perfect town.....it fair gives me the creeps....drive around Northwood.....what a cold Miamai-look-alike...
    yes indeed...
    as an aside, noticed an ad on tv for this for the first time yesterday

quote:isnt there something spooky about creating a perfect town
    http://www.celebrationfl.com/
    http://www2.sjsu.edu/faculty/wooda/celebration.html

Yeah, real spooky.......

North Canterbury – is there something in the water. First there was Camp David at Waipara. Now Kyle Chapman is planning European Only mini-state next to Rangiora. Where else could this be – I hear Pegasus Town has lots of spare land.

If its not Pegasus Town then they might be in for a bit of competition from a close neighbour. Kyle is trying to top PT’s dive spots with: a protected community, a meeting house, a social bar and training grounds. You could swap the perhaps sterile Pegasus Town culture for one that avoids multi cultural brainwashing, safety in numbers, unity in brilliant European effort and supportive interaction with like minded people.

Kyle was a Mayoral candidate so why wouldn’t you want to join his merry band on this latest property development.

How they will get by without Chinese made clothing, Japanese cars, and Arabic oil is beyond me....

What's Northwood?
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Quote Originally Posted by AMR View Post
    How they will get by without Chinese made clothing, Japanese cars, and Arabic oil is beyond me....

What's Northwood?
    Kyle isn’t into Japanese cars – he’s into your English land rover 4x4 – and not the new ones (who ever owns LR now). Probably not into Chinese clothes either – more your army fatigues available from the Army surplus store – probably ex US Marines would be his style.

As for Northwood, have you seen the TV programme about the woman dope dealer and it starts with the Little boxes tick tacky song. Can’t remember the name but Northwood (with all due respect those living there) is kind of like that. It has its gated community; “country Club” no buses (don’t want the noise to upset the residents) and loads of covenants on what the houses have to be like (like no front fences) certain coloured brick and tile. All very “nice”. Based on some North American concept of community design and creation.