This is creating heaps of interest - partially fed, no doubt, by the "largest model of its type in existence" which took 300 Chinese model-makers 6 months to produce and cost something like $7m. Its certainly an imaginative development - assuming Infinity can bring it off. A complete new town of 5,000 people, a short drive from central Ch-ch. "Play where you live" - or is it the other way round!
Prices for the lakeside sections don't look cheap (or perhaps they do, to yuppie Aucklanders) but they seem to have attracted a lot of interest if one is to judge by the options and bids already placed.
The first release of golf course properties will be at 12 noon on Thursday.
Check out the website - www.pegasustown.com

(No, I have no financial or other interest in the developer, the real estate agents, or anyone else associated with this venture - but I do hold some shares in the previous owner/developer, HQP, who left some of the settlement price on a deferred basis - about $10m out of the total $30m, if I recall correctly.)

Having done reasonably well out of the sharemarket in recent years, and given the current "peakiness" there, I must confess to being a little tempted to have a flutter on this development. Its not my usual style as having been a bit of a property investor in the past I am aware of the many pitfalls and all the developers/agents hype, etc., but ................... Pegasus could provide a bit of excitement! Don't knock excitement, but don't bet the bank, either!

Now, let me have all your negatives!