sharetrader
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pegasus Town

20 minutes on marslands rd probably longer if you go main north rd korean investor spending couple hundred mill on new housing golf course etc (if they get resource consent) in the area as well there will be plenty of growth with new sub being planned for marhslands.
    the new sub will have new schools according to the resource consent being applied for.
    Last edited by Kees; 03-09-2010 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees View Post
    korean investor spending couple hundred mill on new housing golf course etc (if they get resource consent) in the area
    thats not going to happen!
    plenty of growth with new sub being planned for marhslands.
    the new sub will have new schools according to the resource consent being applied for.
    Marshlands is called that for a good reason. Putting foundations down adds to engineering and construction price. Is there the same challenge at Brooklands? In that same kid of area Bob Parker reckons Belfast is up for massive development (close to the rail line for commuter traffic) and I think Halswell has a rail corridor as well for the future.

thats not going to happen! last i heard wich was only couple of weeks ago is that it will and should start within the next six month unless you have better info then me.

Brooklands is solid as no problems there and I doubt that ngai tahui & progresive would be involved if there was any concerns re building in
    Marshlands it is well drained specially the place they have chosen to develop.

Buses services available from brooklands spencerville etc

thats not going to happen! last i heard wich was only couple of weeks ago is that it will and should start within the next six month unless you have better info then me.
    Last I heard was a variety of resource management appeals had been lodged 18 June - don't know if they have been heard and decided yet. There were a number of issues and appellants so I wouldn't have thought so. The Styxx Action people seem to be pretty anti - and well funded.

Update: there are loads of appeals - over 50. The Environment Court has allowed a set of appeals to be heard seperatley from the 50 odd ECan Change One appeals.

So the latest appeals get heard first and ahead of the Change One ones. Trouble is this is a bit of a precedent decision - that procedural decision may yet be appealed.

I don't know the hearing date for these lodged appeals (any update Kees?) but South Korean managing director, Thomas Na, said at the hearing there was "no possibility of the project progressing if even there is a one-year delay in bringing the matter to a hearing".
    Last edited by minimoke; 03-09-2010 at 03:38 PM.

percy

Paul,do you or your wife have family you want to be near.also minimoke mentioned Avonside.I must agree with him on that area.Nice old trees,lovely river,interesting houses,nice walks{with the Pram}and excellent schools.close to town.

My mother lives in Ilam, and my brother and sister in law are in Merivale.
    Ultimately its not really an issue for us if we are close or near to them, its not really a big drive if we are anywhere in Christchurch or surrounding suburbs/areas.

Will have a look at some Avonside properties, although we would much rather prefer a nice new house, but I'm open minded enough to consider older houses, just convincing the better looking half is half the battle :P.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Last I heard was a variety of resource management appeals had been lodged 18 June - don't know if they have been heard and decided yet. There were a number of issues and appellants so I wouldn't have thought so. The Styxx Action people seem to be pretty anti - and well funded.

Update: there are loads of appeals - over 50. The Environment Court has allowed a set of appeals to be heard seperatley from the 50 odd ECan Change One appeals.

So the latest appeals get heard first and ahead of the Change One ones. Trouble is this is a bit of a precedent decision - that procedural decision may yet be appealed.

I don't know the hearing date for these lodged appeals (any update Kees?) but South Korean managing director, Thomas Na, said at the hearing there was "no possibility of the project progressing if even there is a one-year delay in bringing the matter to a hearing".
    No can't add anything more at this stage.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by goyougoodthing View Post
    My mother lives in Ilam, and my brother and sister in law are in Merivale.
    Ultimately its not really an issue for us if we are close or near to them, its not really a big drive if we are anywhere in Christchurch or surrounding suburbs/areas.

Will have a look at some Avonside properties, although we would much rather prefer a nice new house, but I'm open minded enough to consider older houses, just convincing the better looking half is half the battle :P.
    You may be able to buy a near new, or build a new house in an older area.What my concern is, the resale value of building in a new area.Should you build a slightly smaller house in an old area ,I think you would not have to worry about selling.A lot of people looking for a newish houses in good areas.St Martins is also a very pleasant area.When it comes for a larger house then you will have more of an idea what will suit you.
    Last edited by percy; 03-09-2010 at 04:49 PM.

thats not going to happen I doubt that ngai tahui & progresive would be involved if there was any concerns re building in
    Marshlands it is well drained specially the place they have chosen to develop.
    That part of Prestons/Marshlands road has loads of Tai Tapu Silt and Waimari Peat loams. Its SwampLand but "Prestons" sounds a lot more upmarket.

Legend

Any eq damage as far North as Pegasus?