sharetrader
Page 162 of 234 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2331

Thread: RAK Rakon

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/349093

Trading Halt... NZ herald reported in the morning of a possible takeover... by a Private equity firm Crescent
    The chairman denies it on NBR... and now the trading halt...

Insider trading again wake the f uP NZX 150k and sudden rise before a release lmao

Guru

With the pending release of the 5G cell phone network Im hoping that things will pick up for RAK or that is what was said to us at last years AGM !

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    5G for them will be without doubt
    ... the same success story as 4G/LTE and the cloud;

They say history rhymes, while Rakon sucks ...
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You forgot about IoT which was their saviour last year
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    With the pending release of the 5G cell phone network Im hoping that things will pick up for RAK or that is what was said to us at last years AGM !
    Rinse & repeat ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Might have missed a big opportunity
    - not
    Last edited by Cadalac123; 03-04-2020 at 01:54 AM.

No posts for a few months. RAK continued along arond 25-26 for the rest of Feb and into early March. The market wide covid decline hit which took the price down to a 15c low but fairly quickly recovered to 19-20c.

In the last couple of days the price has jumped back to 23.5. Is this just a recovery from the sell-down or is there some news/speculation from which RAK would benefit?

I've always thought this long established global high tech company should be a takeover prospect, NTA of 36c, time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    No posts for a few months. RAK continued along arond 25-26 for the rest of Feb and into early March. The market wide covid decline hit which took the price down to a 15c low but fairly quickly recovered to 19-20c.

In the last couple of days the price has jumped back to 23.5. Is this just a recovery from the sell-down or is there some news/speculation from which RAK would benefit?
    So far all we know is they still have sales and are keeping guidance . Never been a stable market favourite

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    So far all we know is they still have sales and are keeping guidance . Never been a stable market favourite
    Most probably recent gains a result of what I call, 'The Sharsies effect.'

New poster. I've owned RAK since 2006 with buys ranging from $4.50+ to 15cents. It's been the worst investment I've ever made. It's astonishing how much effort and resource and intelligence over so many years can result in so little for shareholders. As long as the Robinsons hold a blocking stake it'll stay as it is forever…scraping by on hope for the next 'big thing'. No white knight here anytime soon I'm afraid. I don't doubt the technical underpinnings of this business but what's needed is a fresh Board with teeth and a new take on executive remuneration...the Chrysler/Iaccoca method ie. $1dollar pa salaries to the executive team and any other earnings directly a function of profit targets and share performance improvement. Currently the top tier can earn massive salaries year after year from a company barely profitable.