sharetrader
Page 208 of 233 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2326

Thread: RAK Rakon

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    2nd best year ever for Rakon comingbup

Rakon Chief Executive Dr Sinan Altug said: “The current financial year is an inflection point for the company. Core business is growing,

Seems world is goingbthebinflection point way these days ….much better than crisis after crisis
    That's nice, was never going better FY22 numbers which was mainly due to short term opportunities at that time (like fire at major chip manufacturer). Good to see business is more solid and consistent growth plan.

That "I" word seem to be quite popular with lot of CEOs of late.
    Last edited by sb9; 11-08-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Investor

Very impressive preso by new CEO Sinan at the ASM. Came across intelligent, knows the industry trends and with a likable character.

For long suffering shareholders expect no divvy for foreseeable future, they've too many growth opportunities to invest profits back into which is better use of in their view and grow capital return.

Looking for organic growth opportunities in the form of acquisitions that fits with their growth plans, mainly in the US.

India factory looks stunning and near completion very soon. This could be the game changer once its fully operational and they've smartly invested in buying their own piece of land which appreciated about 20% in value since last year. That'll look good on balance sheet.

There was question about working with Peter Beck of Rocket Lab, to which their comment was there's is good lines of communication and relationship with him atm, but nothing material in terms of numbers. But they're looking forward to some sort of strategic relationship in future.

All in all good ASM, I noticed being logged online lot of senior s/holders at attendance physically, must be those that bought at high point few years ago. In fact one of them said he bought them for $5 piece, that's gotta really hurt all through these years and can understand why some of them want dividends.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    2nd best year ever for Rakon comingbup

Rakon Chief Executive Dr Sinan Altug said: “The current financial year is an inflection point for the company. Core business is growing,

Seems world is goingbthebinflection point way these days ….much better than crisis after crisis

Im confused. Todays Herald (12/8 Page A33) carries a comment on the RAK results as follows: " RAK shareholders warned earnings may fall by as much as a third etc etc...".

Yet on page A20 the small article on the same result under the headline:..." Rakon on a Roll". Is far more bullish.
    Confusing?
    Some clarification is needed urgently.
    Thanks Herald.

Rakon guidance ebitda $36m-$44m

Last year ebitda was $54

so 'earnings may fall as much as a third' is correct

They are on a roll because if you take out some one off $18m ebitda last year they will be doing very well in F23
    Last edited by winner69; 12-08-2022 at 12:51 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

when i saw this the other day i couldnt help but think that Buffet and co believed it was a good sector to be in over the coming years

RAK can be part of that

Investor

Nice find, I'm sure some big US Corporate has got their eye on RAK too..set up is all there, just need to come up with right price that Robinsoons can't say no.

Sadly that's all we can really hope for, the only way many long term holders and some more recent ones will get any return. Current management team haven't rewarded shareholders whatsoever for 16 years of public listing. The sooner the Rs sell up the better. What the heck did they go public for in the first place ?

While a single Robertson is involved in this company in any way, stay well clear is my advice. I lost $30k on never ending Robinson promises of a turn around that never came. But somehow the Robinson's always rewarded themselves very handsomely every year while shareholders got nothing