sharetrader
Page 233 of 233 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233
Results 2,321 to 2,326 of 2326

Thread: RAK Rakon

I would have thought a decision to reject a proposal was an easier exercise and therefore more likely to be prompt/quicker, whereas to firm up an actual offer underpinned by appropriate due diligence would be much more complicated/take an extended timeframe.

So is this worth a gamble at current pricing ($1.18/lower) given the upside would seem significant? And where will the market price go if negotiations are signalled to be discontinued, which is the downside risk?

Anybody feeling brave?

If any global chip player thought RAK was worth anywhere near the touted 'incomplete and subject to xyz' offer of $1.70 they would have rushed in now with a concrete counter. They haven't....

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    If any global chip player thought RAK was worth anywhere near the touted 'incomplete and subject to xyz' offer of $1.70 they would have rushed in now with a concrete counter. They haven't....
    I thought I read somewhere that the US Government is currently massively subsidising the onshoring to USA of Taiwanese chip manufacturing plants, because of the current strategic risks to that jurisdiction. Perhaps that is what is skewing the scrum for RAK?

IMO

Not when it comes to the black hole RobbinGson's! I'm so looking forward to some value accretive ,event,takeover etc happening and redeploying my capital elsewhere.Endless Patience required to releasing that value,holding for now,but I'm not holding my breath

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    I would have thought a decision to reject a proposal was an easier exercise and therefore more likely to be prompt/quicker, whereas to firm up an actual offer underpinned by appropriate due diligence would be much more complicated/take an extended timeframe.

So is this worth a gamble at current pricing ($1.18/lower) given the upside would seem significant? And where will the market price go if negotiations are signalled to be discontinued, which is the downside risk?

Anybody feeling brave?
    OK, I confess. Since posting this I have added another 5k at $1.15 just in case. Not life threatening, and an outcome must be getting closer.

And still we wait! But I am salivating now at where I will be in the 2024 sharetrader competition if this has a positive outcome!