sharetrader
Page 103 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2326

Thread: RAK Rakon

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    I agree there is greater risk of downside than upside at the moment , but I am in there for a possible short term bounce, but fully aware that a balance sheet restructure may be painful. If however, they plan to raise more capital in the way you prescribe, they will have to have a pretty comprehensive, positive story, backed by an entity that isn't just the Robinsons.
    If you believe in MBO, isn't that exactly what will happen (indirectly)? The Robinsons will not be dumb enough to use their own money to take the gamble - it will be somebody's else's money and a 5 for 1 at 5 cents will certainly see the punters surrender their rights to the underwriters (especially if connected to Robinson).

Come to think of it, why would the Robinsons want to do a MBO? They already have control of the company in every shape and form, and have been happily taking in funds from the likes of Harbour to run Rakon (into the ground) while paying themselves huge salaries and benefits.

BMW Rakon 1, Rakon 2 etc, anyone?

Reminds me of Helicopter Line under Chris Alpe - Mercedes S Class Maui 1, Maui 2 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Rakon up to 27c, after languishing as low as 20c a few weeks ago. Someone is feeling optimistic!
    you know the worlds gone nuts when RAK WDT ECO and PEB lead the gainers on the nzx

Management changes afoot?
    Last edited by biker; 04-04-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    lol, hand me another Tui (would make a great billboard ad as well!)
    The market may just be telling you something moosie. I'm happy to have a 29% return in 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    me thinks by now RAK have been revalued, me also thinks the bank has told them to go and raise more capitol to support your poorly run company, me thinks RAK will have a deadline to do this by.
    Me also thinks this company is poorly run, me thinks RAK are trying to find a corner stone shareholder, me thinks they have probably found one but at a level per share that they dont want to announce to the market (12-15cps).

The longer shareholders wait for an announcement the worse it is going to be, but be assured it will be full of spin doctoring and rhectoric dribble offering light at the end of the tunnel.

What to do when the only new corner stone share holder you can get is at levels that value your company fairly(some 30-50% less that current levels) but if you turn it down your only other options is to go to exsisting shareholders(which include yourself) but you are not so keen on flushing your own money down the tiolet.

But if you do nothing you will have no business left which means no investers left supporting your current lifestyle, HMMMMMM WHAT TO DO
    You heard something on this snapti, or just conjecture?

does anyone know about factory in china where the earthquake hit? havn,t been able to find much news or if it was affected at all?

老外

Unlikely the factory in Chengdu was damaged as very little damage is being reported in Chengdu in Chinese media (I am in China, so this is from your Chinese correspondent!).

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Wouldn't that be the nail in the coffin and sign from God that RAK should not be in business!
    Let's not be too harsh on Rakon.

Let's be very harsh on the directors and management who have squandered a huge opportunity to build up an internationally competitive and thriving business by attracting the best brains and best personnel.

New Zealand needs businesses with global aspirations and capabilities.

Rakon promised so much but sadly, like many other NZ businesses, has faltered because a few individuals could not accept their used by dates.

The saddest part for Rakon is that these individuals are still in denial.

Contrast that with the likes of Ralph Waters resigning well ahead of time even though they were considered to be top of their game. Why? Because they recognise their limitations.
    Last edited by Balance; 22-04-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Unlikely the factory in Chengdu was damaged as very little damage is being reported in Chengdu in Chinese media (I am in China, so this is from your Chinese correspondent!).

Hey, blobbles, good to hear from our man on the spot! ( or closer to it than we are anyway!)

Rakon has signed four different contracts with the CNES agency (Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales) to provide innovative technological solutions for:
    - Development of SMD crystal and programmable XO family
    - Development of a die for mini Space TCXO and OCXO to reduce the cost and the size of the oscillator
    - Development of a new gluing process for space oscillators in order to resist to higher and higher shocks and vibrations
    - Evaluation of new quartz cuts and inverted mesa crystal resonator to address the demand of higher and higher frequencies for space applications.

not sure how much this is worth