sharetrader
Page 104 of 234 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2333

Thread: RAK Rakon

老外

Moosie, did you just tell turmeric to go and buy SUM POT? Well I suppose it might help him forget about the beating he took on RakCon...

Quote Originally Posted by Alz99 View Post
    Rakon has signed four different contracts with the CNES agency (Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales) to provide innovative technological solutions for:
    - Development of SMD crystal and programmable XO family
    - Development of a die for mini Space TCXO and OCXO to reduce the cost and the size of the oscillator
    - Development of a new gluing process for space oscillators in order to resist to higher and higher shocks and vibrations
    - Evaluation of new quartz cuts and inverted mesa crystal resonator to address the demand of higher and higher frequencies for space applications.

not sure how much this is worth
    worth nothing, more cost and more loss.

老外

Yep, if you are losing money from your current products, and you make/sell more of them, you lose more money.

Rakon needs to announce they have negotiated new prices for better margins. Announcements of new deals just make their bottom line worse otherwise. Not reporting this to the market... Isn't that a breach of NZX terms though?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I sold my last remaining shares in RAK the other day and realised the biggest loss of my short investing life. Feel like a sucker for waiting so long to sell out completely. Managed to mitigate even larger loses by selling the majority of my holding a while back but still took a pretty big hit overall. I can handle the loss and accept some investments just do not pay off, the thing that irked me with RAK was the extremely poor management which IMO has been pretty well documented here on ST.

Anyway I am might relieved to free up my remaining cash held in this company and so happy to wash my hands of it.
    We've all been there Turmeric..some times they can be deep dark evil investment places too...the good news is you learn from your mistakes the bad news is you will create new ways of making mistakes....so over time when you become an experienced investor you have to find more creative ways to keep making mistakes and due to that extra knowledge from experience it is amazing how you can keep on finding ways..

After 37 years of investing..and bombing out on the expected dead cat bounce with RAK I found yet another way to lose money on Tuesday... I dipped my toes back into FBU at 8.71 ..today just 3 days later it's 8.15 and $1120 poorer down 6.3%..I'm shaking head thinking .."your timing sucks Hoop, you idiot"

But its the good decisions you make that gets you there in the end ...its the SUM RYM, found STU at the bottom and rode it up ...bought into uptrends etc etc.

chin up ..Tally ho ..Spray and walk away ...up up and away....
    Hoop
    Last edited by Hoop; 03-05-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Where to from here?

老外

Predictions for quotes on Thursdays meeting? My prediction:

"The mobile market is growing hugely and we are part of it."
    "The high NZ currency is the entire problem and that is completely out of our control."
    "We have potential new customers in the pipeline and a healthy balance sheet."
    "This year we made a $4 million loss, but none of this is under our control."
    "We anticipate a $10 million profit for next year."
    "We now have 6 months of stock on hand (up from 3 months last year), which is why our Assets part is looking huge. This is "standard industry practice" and will see us through times of high demand."

The reality:

"The mobile market is growing hugely, but we aren't part of the growth."
    "The high NZ currency is manageable for almost everyone else except us who couldn't manage our way out of a paper bag."
    "The same customers will place bigger orders from us but pay less for our goods. Essentially, we will be paying them to take our goods. 'PLEASE take our goods for less than we make them' is our new company sales pitch. Our balance sheet is full of dreamed up numbers, particularly for the Assets section. We completely ignored the actual value of our Assets that our auditors gave us and just put a number we liked to see in there."
    "We will revise this to $6 million profit in 2 months, $4 million profit in 5 months and a $2 million loss in 8 months. In 12 months we report an $8 million loss, but because none of that was in our control and we (the Robinsons) still got $2 million in profits from the company still operating, we don't care."
    "We make lots more things than we can sell. We put this in the Assets section of our balance sheet to pump it up a bit."

So basically the same stuff, different year. Too easy to predict!

Rakon shares are probably double the price they should, that's my prediction...

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Two days to go.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/RAK/announcements/235864

Pundits and masochists can dial in for the management explanations.
    Bryan Mogridge will put in his usual bravado act - "we are listening and we are responding. Give us time and it's so sad most of you out there have no appreciation of how hard we work for you all. A word here on George Kerr, another misunderstood individual whose company, PGC, I chair. George is an outstanding individual whose deeds will one day be recognized for what they are - selfless acts to improve the lot of all shareholders. Of course he has to take care of No 1 first before he can do that. And I, Bryan Mogridge, will stand shoulder to shoulder with him and the Robinsons, to make sure all of you benefit from the great potential of the businesses in future."

From September 2012 : "Over the past year we have received a lot of criticism and advice about the performance of Rakon, from shareholders, commentators and the shareholders association. Some of it is helpful but a large percentage is not and often reflects a serious misunderstanding about the business that we own together and what it does, what its strategies are and the potential that it has."

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    With any luck he will direct criticism towards "anonymous online commenters, intent on shorting the stock for their own greedy needs"
    And if he was 10% of the man he was when he managed CIL/Montana, he will launch a takeover bid at NTA and show the world what he is made of.

Sadly, he is but a shadow now - a man whose good name and reputation have been squandered by his association with Rakon and PGC.

Thanks for the feedback, I expect the SP is not going anywhere near where it was at the peak soon. Will continue to hold, at this price it's not really worthwhile selling and realising the loss.
    Last edited by corpr8raider; 21-05-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by lazylarry View Post
    I have averaged down on RAK as I said I would at 25c to take my holdings to over 100,000 shares.
    Great price at this level. I am prepared to average down all the way. The fools are the ones selling out now.

I suspect they are going to sign a preferred supplier agreement with Huawei. Bring on 15c!

Do not forget STC that lazylarry is waiting in the wings.