sharetrader
Page 108 of 232 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2315

Thread: RAK Rakon

老外

On the back of a report that looks like the company is being dragged through gorse bushes and cesspools of sewage... a 20% rise in the SP! Someone is a masochist!

Noticeably absent from the report was a section explaining how they were going to drag them out of this mess. So why would people invest in them if they themselves have no idea to stop their company from going belly up? Or maybe people believe the company is about to be taken over or liquidate all its assets and therefore return 25c in the dollar (despite what they claim their assets to be)?

Maybe I am missing some news?

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    On the back of a report that looks like the company is being dragged through gorse bushes and cesspools of sewage... a 20% rise in the SP! Someone is a masochist!

Noticeably absent from the report was a section explaining how they were going to drag them out of this mess. So why would people invest in them if they themselves have no idea to stop their company from going belly up? Or maybe people believe the company is about to be taken over or liquidate all its assets and therefore return 25c in the dollar (despite what they claim their assets to be)?

Maybe I am missing some news?
    I had an employee once, hired by the HR team but seconded to my team, that would spend every lunch time looking a table of companies listed on the NZX. One day I questioned him on what sort of company he was looking for as he was obviously very committed, to which he replied "Something trading under 5 cents per share so that when it goes up by a cent, I stand to make a fortune". Perhaps he is the phantom trader you speak of.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 03-07-2013 at 06:40 PM.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Rakon going up a couple of cents can be explained by the fact that sometimes shares do that for no real reason at all. only $59k worth traded, so hardly someone leaping in on projected good news.
    Yep, I figured that was the case, I was just amazed that after such an abysmal report, their share price went UP instead of halving in value like I expected. I guess we will just have to wait for someone to eventually call them out on their Asset values for that to happen...

perhaps they are supplying russia again after there proton M rocket exploded on launch, 3 satelites up in smoke 200 million worth

老外

What's happening over at Rakon? A trading halt after the price has risen 25% in 2 days... Do I smell a takeover? Or a capital raising with prices being manipulated to get closer to the raising SP? Whatever it is I am a little more suspicious now of the last 2 days rise in price on the back of a report that should have seen the floor drop out from under the SP... I would suggest someone knows something material before the rest of the market has been told...
    Last edited by blobbles; 05-07-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: 25% not 35%!

Guru

T H , Whatsup, material ann pending !!

Advanced Member

老外

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    lmao, taking 18.8m for an 80% stake in a factory as well as taking a 32.2m impairment hit on it to retire debt! where do they get these guys, seriously?!?! and the market thinks this is good???
    That's what I read as well! "We are (essentially) selling 32 million of assets for 18.8 million, while transferring our tech to a Chinese firm."

So the company shrinks and gives away any tech advantage it has/had to the Chinese. Awesome. It also appears they want to exit the consumer electronics market? So after years of saying "LOOK AT THE GROWTH OF THIS MARKET THAT WE ARE INVOLVED IN!!!" they are now admitting they don't have a chance to compete and throwing in the towel?

老外

And if we were to extrapolate...

If 32 million of assets are worth only 18.8 million, does that mean the rest of their assets are only worth 59% of the quoted value?

What have they been doing over there?

'......It’s a purpose-built plant with considerable capacity to be expanded from its current 20% utilisation........'

20% ??
    Last edited by biker; 05-07-2013 at 11:41 AM.