sharetrader
Page 111 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2333

Thread: RAK Rakon

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Obviously thick enough I guess.
    Calm down guys. The leak, if there was one, could have easily come from the other side of the deal.

老外

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Calm down guys. The leak, if there was one, could have easily come from the other side of the deal.
    Good point zigzag, and probably more likely considering the state of the Chinese market where insider trading is all but promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Good point zigzag, and probably more likely considering the state of the Chinese market where insider trading is all but promoted.
    Good point fellas and fallesses.
    Less likely to have come from the Chinese side in my view, but if it did, I'd wager both sides have a few fingers in a few pies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
    Good point fellas and fallesses.
    Less likely to have come from the Chinese side in my view, but if it did, I'd wager both sides have a few fingers in a few pies.
    And the Chinese are dumb enough to think that this is a good deal for Rakon?

Rakon is screwed even further with this deal and there's no reason why anyone would buy Rakon shares!

老外

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And the Chinese are dumb enough to think that this is a good deal for Rakon?

Rakon is screwed even further with this deal and there's no reason why anyone would buy Rakon shares!
    The Chinese company, I believe, just got a great deal for themselves. An asset they got for less than half its book value plus current and future access to better technology? Not sure I would be calling them stupid!

That doesn't mean to say they didn't leak details of the deal to someone else of course, who may have interpreted the deal as a big win for Rakon who would reduce most of their debt, hence maybe thought the SP would jump up. Little did they know that we understand that you actually need assets like manufacturing hubs and better technology than your rivals to have an edge over your competition, not just low debt. Rakon just threw all those away.

The Chinese company, I believe, just got a great deal for themselves. An asset they got for less than half its book value plus current and future access to better technology? Not sure I would be calling them stupid!

That doesn't mean to say they didn't leak details of the deal to someone else of course, who may have interpreted the deal as a big win for Rakon who would reduce most of their debt, hence maybe thought the SP would jump up. Little did they know that we understand that you actually need assets like manufacturing hubs and better technology than your rivals to have an edge over your competition, not just low debt. Rakon just threw all those away.
    The evidence to date shows Rakon to be most unreliable when it comes to providing timely and accurate information and assessments to the market and its shareholders (outside of the insiders).

Let's see what the NZX and FMA come up with.

Based upon their historical track record, don't hold your breath.

Anyone being brought to task can challenge the NZX and FMA over a few cases where they chose to look the other way and not take action.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Well, two of the Robinsons spent some of their pocket money buying shares last week, according to announcements just posted. Perhaps they think that this will fool the unwashed, or gull the delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    thanks sparky, just on the phone so can't be bothered looking up an announcement for a dwad company!

perhaps a cover for the actual insider trading going on?
    I was going to look up the announcement but decided I would be more interested in watching the corrugated iron warp on the next door neighbour's shed.... failing that, my shower trap needs cleaning.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 17-07-2013 at 06:45 AM.

老外

And Rakon appears to continue to be an old boys club:

https://www.nzx.com/companies/RAK/announcements/238681

Am quite amazed that they don't have a single woman in their upper management! Maybe they should think about getting some female directors and listening to them? They sure as hell aren't doing anything right with all the boys on board at the moment... maybe even a female Robinson???

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question As the Icelander do

... maybe even a female Robinson???
    That would be a Robindaughter ?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum