sharetrader
Page 12 of 234 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: RAK Rakon

Surely the last few posts would be more appropriate on the KFL thread. Some of you are a little unfair as you pick out the shares that have gone down while ignoring the picks that have been great successes (RYM, MFT, RAK etc).

KFL doesn't use technical analysis to make its buy/sell decisions so just because a stock price is going down doesn't mean they will be looking to sell. They have specifically stated that they will make a decision to buy or sell on a number of factors, one of the major ones being confidence in the management team. In some cases they have waited till they have really lost confidence in management before dumping the particular stock. But overall they seem to have a pretty good record of picking good management teams in my view.

As far as Rakon & KFL are concerned surely the motive is for KFL to get the magical 10.01%, & maintain a blocking stake, but do so gradually & not at any price.

Sniper, i do agree their methodology on selling is technically flawed, but that's their style & short term sp fluctuations do not trigger sell signals.

I had my doubts about the RAK investment to start with, but so far so good, and am happy to judge KFL's performance at the end of the financial year.

Disc: Hold RAK via KFL

quoteisc: Hold RAK via KFL
    Also hold some RAK but prefer the direct route. Agree with some of Sniper's comments re KFL.

Back when Carmel started the Prudential Smaller Companies fund I put $40 k into her fund and directly invested another $40 k into the same sector and monitored relative performance for three years. After three years I sold the Smaller Companies fund stake because the direct investment performance was absolutely slaughtering what the fund was producing. (the fund did do about 60% one year then bombed)

I'm not suggesting that KFL is going to underperform the same as the old Pru Smaller Companies fund but I suspect direct investment will once again be better.

quote:Originally posted by Treetops

quote:Originally posted by sniper

Looking more like TUA everyday. KFL now has to keep buying to keep the sp up and other institutional investors keep feeding it to KFL.

Then, the sp gets hit ...... like TUA, BGR, RBD, POD etc.....
    Interesting thought Sniper. Why did GPG buy TUA then? Are Ron and co crap as well or did they see some value. I don't think she ramps Rak. She seems to buy on short term downtrends. Carmel is no more a fool than Ron then. It depends what the fundamental value is and the potential for growth. Once she reaches 10%+ we'll see what happens to the sp when she slows the buying pressure. She'd be a fool to keep ramping it unnecessarily. Personally I think all people that work for brokers can't stand her. I wonder why.

Thanks for the info Shasta.
    Treetops

Watch her melt away when the going gets tough and no amount of ramping can help her ailing prospects.

quote:Originally posted by lambton

quote:Originally posted by Treetops

Looking more like TUA everyday. KFL now has to keep buying to keep the sp up and other institutional investors keep feeding it to KFL.

Interesting thought Sniper. Why did GPG buy TUA then? Are Ron and co crap as well or did they see some value. I don't think she ramps Rak. She seems to buy on short term downtrends. Carmel is no more a fool than Ron then. It depends what the fundamental value is and the potential for growth. Once she reaches 10%+ we'll see what happens to the sp when she slows the buying pressure. She'd be a fool to keep ramping it unnecessarily. Personally I think all people that work for brokers can't stand her. I wonder why.

Thanks for the info Shasta.
    Treetops

Watch her melt away when the going gets tough and no amount of ramping can help her ailing prospects.
    Another broker?[|)]
    Actually I'm hoping RAK and all KFL shares retrace. Back to a 20% disc to Nav.
    Disc: I want to buy more while my broker friends are in fine fettle. Keep it up guys.

Why are you so hard on KFL and co...? What about RYM, MFT, PPL, WAM, MET, etc... have you picked better or more consistently? Although I was surprised with their buying into Delegat's... other than that they are on the ball, like swooping in on SP weakness when MHI was having a bad month a while ago. As for ramping up and driving down SP's maybe you should try buying on fundamentals, then this sort of short term phenomena (which happens when any and every large institution enters/exits a position with any haste) would not be so upsetting for you.

Cheers FG

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Half year announcement suggests a full year NPAT of $9m65 or maybe better.
    Although not complaining at the current share price ($3.46), anybody else regard the current forward P/E of 38 as a touch optimistic?
    om mani peme hum

quote:Originally posted by Paper Tiger

Half year announcement suggests a full year NPAT of $9m65 or maybe better.
    Although not complaining at the current share price ($3.46), anybody else regard the current forward P/E of 38 as a touch optimistic?
    Yes, PT, that thought definitely crossed my mind... have wondered about that ever since its initial post-IPO rally, but then again I don't really understand the business that well so maybe there is a reason that goes beyond the basic economic value in the traditional mathematical sense... No doubt someone will explain!

Cheers
    FG

as long as it keeps beating expectations.... it will trade on a high mutiple
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

Advanced Member

Just joined the faithful with purchase. Only 15 G but I work on numbers and P/E doesn't come into it.Tech companies like this have the capacity to blast fundamentals off the planet or die overnight.