sharetrader
Page 134 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2364

Thread: RAK Rakon

I think it will be a turnaround story given the nzd ..helping lots

when no body likes a stock.., the price normal showing side of bottom up

Quote Originally Posted by dino4abcoach View Post
    I cant see it with present management and board, I took a small loss and got out another lesson learned, pay careful attention to management. moved on and made it back elsewhere
    Couldn't agree more. In the 7 years I have followed the (mis)fortunes of this company, the senior management team have frequently shown their willingness to look after their own interests / income stream at the expense of all else, to the extent of telling untruths in response to pointed questions about the company direction & strategy. The board has too many senior management members to have any level of independance. I do not see anything changing until this cash cow is milked dry by the R's and they sail off into the sunset

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    I do not see anything changing until this cash cow is milked dry by the R's and they sail off into the sunset
    Completely agree. Just because there has been one positive result (consisting of one off items nonetheless) it does not make up for the successive failures that have occurred time and time again.

As long as the Robertsons are involved, I will continue to avoid this company like the plague.

I believed the Huawei partnership with rak is very valuable in coming years..., as Huawei is the number one biggest technology company in the world

will see..if they have learn something .....

any hope for this company now that the nzd/usd is starting to trend lower?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    any hope for this company now that the nzd/usd is starting to trend lower?
    Ooops .. Almost broke my rule " NEVER " to talk about this company again.. :-))))

If Rakon's star is ever going shine again, the current forex conditions will be providing very strong assistance. NZD:USD is now 35% below the peak. On past performance this could quite easily mean one or more of the following - director fee increases, increased ground rent for their Auckland factory, pay rises for the senior management team (for a job well done of course), plant upgrade/expansion to enable perceived imminent increased production (since their China plant was so successful)

For a company that has used unfavourable forex as their excuse for failure so many times, I would have expected they should be issuing some updated guidance given the significant change that has occurred. That they have not done so, suggests to me that all is not well - probably their market share is continuing to fall and forex gains aren't keeping up

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    If Rakon's star is ever going shine again, the current forex conditions will be providing very strong assistance. NZD:USD is now 35% below the peak. On past performance this could quite easily mean one or more of the following - director fee increases, increased ground rent for their Auckland factory, pay rises for the senior management team (for a job well done of course), plant upgrade/expansion to enable perceived imminent increased production (since their China plant was so successful)

For a company that has used unfavourable forex as their excuse for failure so many times, I would have expected they should be issuing some updated guidance given the significant change that has occurred. That they have not done so, suggests to me that all is not well - probably their market share is continuing to fall and forex gains aren't keeping up

I can paraphrase for you if you like?

Woof.....