sharetrader
Page 15 of 234 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: RAK Rakon

I am consoling myself in the knowledge that I have picked RAK in the Sharetrader Investor comp. So at least I am in the virtual money [B)]
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Me too - and ABA which is doing well. Happily, my other picks for the comp are likely to be reminders that my hunches are more likely to wrong than right so not to commit actual $ to them!

something is up here!

result must be good, new contract to put GPS in the iphone ! hah not soo crazy if you think about it
    who knows.

NZ market leaks like the titanic
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

quote:Originally posted by Footsie

NZ market leaks like the titanic
    Let's just hope it doesn't go down the same way....[:o)]

Cheers all
    YOTT

Disc. Still hold RAK from IPO [^]
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by Year of the Tiger

Cheers all
    YOTT

Disc. Still hold RAK from IPO [^]
    Welcome back, YOTT. (I must have noticed your absence for some reason - I'm sure it was a positive reason!)

quote:Originally posted by COLIN

Welcome back, YOTT. (I must have noticed your absence for some reason - I'm sure it was a positive reason!)
    Thanks for the 'welcome back' Colin. I've actually been reading the posts here on a regular basis but I guess I'm one of the slackers who doesn't really contribute to the site. And I have to confess that I'm not really a slacker, its just that I feel I don't have a lot to contribute so I just read what everyone else has got to say.

I suppose that I could ramble on incessantly about all sorts of inane garbage but I think there are already a few here that have the monopoly on that.... So for fear that I start competing for a slot in the garbage bin, I will sign off now..

Cheers to all investors, traders, casual onlookers, and anyone else who frequents this site. Good luck for 2007, and just to get back on topic, RAK is treating me very nicely just now...

\"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Share Collector

I agree with Colin. Nice to read your posts YOTT. But most of all...could you tell me the name of your broker ?

I've been told full-service is the way to go for IPO's, but the best I can get out of mine is the occasional lunch... I think the last IPO I was offered would have been FTX!

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by craic

Whats with RAK at present. Price is galloping up over the past two or three days with another 14 cents this morning.
    Now we know what was up, there must surely be an enquiry as to who took advantage of advance knowledge?

quote:Now we know what was up, there must surely be an enquiry as to who took advantage of advance knowledge?
    In other words, ...Tui Ad

Advanced Member

Colin, there's a bob or two to be made by astute observation of the market on a day-to-day basis if you have the cash and the bottle to follow through. AIA was also a good example. this share languished for ages in the slow lane, then recently it moved up and up for no apparent reason - that is until JB Were Goldman-Sachs announced that the profit potential was understated etc. It seems to be acceptable, and possibly hard to prove, that insiders can make a bit of hay while the sun shines, but, if they decide to profit from misfortune by dumping with foreknowledge of impending doom, then it's a different matter.
    Any bets on where this will go after the embargo is lifted? I would expect it to get close to 500cps by the weekend.