sharetrader
Page 205 of 234 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2335

Thread: RAK Rakon

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    What is going on with RAK, down another ~5% this morning??
    Those forced to sell are selling into weak demand because everyone is expecting markets to drop further.

When to buy... when to buy... RAK on my hitlist but maybe I can get them cheaper...? Its a huge sale!!! Wish i had more cash.

I get a quarterly bonus next month. cant wait, will invest it straight away!!!

Banned

Yep, it's getting a hammering alright.

I said at the time that RAK released their results, which were very positive, that RAK missed a trick in not making some some sort of return - however nominal - to shareholders.
    It would have showed Directors confidence in the future of the company and some sort of yield would have given the stock a bit of a buffer against general negative market sentiment. However they chose not to, and ever since then the SP has been on quite dramatic downward trajectory. Co-incidence? Quite possibly, as we do not know who is selling and for what reason.
    I still believe that RAK is well positioned for future growth but at this time, investors are going to gravitate towards more more defensive, yield bearing stocks.

Investor

One or two big boys really hitting it hard and sending some stern message to the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    One or two big boys really hitting it hard and sending some stern message to the Board.
    Today's turnover so far is $54k...hardly "big boys"....

Practically the entire SP500 was down overnight many of whom pay dividends.

Anyone believing the announcement of a 1 cent divi was going to protect RAK from events like today are misguided.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Today's turnover so far is $54k...hardly "big boys"....

Practically the entire SP500 was down overnight many of whom pay dividends.

Anyone believing the announcement of a 1 cent divi was going to protect RAK from events like today are misguided.
    Well, we'll never know will we?

Profit up 132%, forward earnings projected to be strong, NP of $23.5m and they still couldn't pay even a 3c dividend (less than 7m of profit). Something wrong there, and some with large holdings would have been grateful for the income. Not only did RAK not pay any dividends they refused to be specific about when that might occur. Not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    Well, we'll never know will we?

Profit up 132%, forward earnings projected to be strong, NP of $23.5m and they still couldn't pay even a 3c dividend (less than 7m of profit). Something wrong there, and some with large holdings would have been grateful for the income. Not only did RAK not pay any dividends they refused to be specific about when that might occur. Not a good look.
    Investing profits for future growth is a great look.

Who on earth owns RAK for a dividend anyway???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Investing profits for future growth is a great look.

Who on earth owns RAK for a dividend anyway???
    Investing for growth has been the story of Rakon for literally decades. There were investors that lost their shirts following that mantra. Rakon boomed and then went bust. At some point in the business path, it is normal - and desirable - to start returning some profits back to shareholders by way of dividends or buybacks. If a company doesn't do that despite it boasting of record sales and profit, then I get suspicious of who they are running the business for - themselves or stakeholders.

Yes and that's the truth. Couple of years ago the CEO told investors that dividends were coming soon. They didn't, and so essentially the market considers there are huge trust issues to be factored in now
    No dividends and no growth after 16yrs + speaks volumes. Market commentary is non existent because there's nothing worth commenting on.
    This company should not have listed.

Due to RAK track record which is being highlighted very well you shouldn't have been expecting dividends lol

RAK is not a long term set and forget company. Its cheap and got some great tailwinds is the only reason why im in it.

No it isn't cheap. When I paid junk share prices of around 30c that was cheap. Recent buyers haven't done their homework imo.