sharetrader
Page 206 of 234 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2333

Thread: RAK Rakon

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    No it isn't cheap. When I paid junk share prices of around 30c that was cheap. Recent buyers haven't done their homework imo.
    Yes 30 cents was a great buy. Well done. Wish i bought in then

Not when it traded later at 15c. I can't remember if I sank that low but averaging down becomes almost a well trodden path with this one. Buyers beware.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Yes 30 cents was a great buy. Well done. Wish i bought in then
    You seem to have proved my point. Don't buy - in fact sell and take your profits - because RAK won't return profits by way of dividend and can't be trusted to hold on to your profits by way of SP growth.

Yes exactly. The growth story never holds true. It's best a trade if you're a recent holder.
    No dividends today are not rewarded by the growth tomorrow. It has never happened.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Today's turnover so far is $54k...hardly "big boys"....

Practically the entire SP500 was down overnight many of whom pay dividends.

Anyone believing the announcement of a 1 cent divi was going to protect RAK from events like today are misguided.
    371K volume by end of trading, surely can't all be retail. Decent recovery too in the end in the scheme of things.

Trading on a 8.8 p/e
    Investor day coming up where new CEO is going to explain, in greater detail, where the business is heading and he will be putting some projections on paper.
    Its a buy imo

I get that one needs to look in the rear view mirror now and then.. but (sorry cant help myself lol) this time is different

Simply Wall St yesterday's valuation at $4.50
    Rakon (NZSE:RAK) - Share price, News & Analysis - Simply Wall St

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Wai Wai View Post
    Simply Wall St yesterday's valuation at $4.50
    Rakon (NZSE:RAK) - Share price, News & Analysis - Simply Wall St
    Sure, that's exactly the reason why at current prices it such a steal for any international giant to gobble them up in that sector.

I do agree that not paying a dividend after dangling carrots for years was very disappointing and I have no doubt that some people have sold as a result. However the future has never looked so bright. The current multiples do not justify the share price in my opinion. Only time will tell on this one. The next couple of years will be critical as the Robinsons look for a handsome payout for retirement.

Here’s an insert from Forsyth Barr’s latest report

Rakon Limited (RAK) reported its most profitable year (in its fifty year history) over FY22, with underlying EBITDA of NZ$54.4m +132%, on revenue of NZ$172m +34%. With RAK flexing its local manufacturing base and avoiding supply chain issues, it was able to reap the benefits of global industry shortages. The result was above management’s guidance range of NZ$49m–NZ$53m and ahead of our NZ$51m underlying EBITDA estimate. Management’s comments about the strength in underlying core markets provides confidence for the future. Given current capacity constraints, RAK awaits the completion of its new Indian manufacturing facility to take advantage of strong demand. The Board refreshed RAK's ESG policies with a framework disclosed. WACC adjustments, given higher interest rates, and higher costs see our spot valuation falling 9% to NZ$2.09.

Guru

Even with no DIV the company has TECH.

Just out over the wire is the possible failure of apple to create a chip to rival QCOM for 5 G.

Shows that once you have head start in R&D in tech it can be very hard to bridge that gap.

RAK can continue to refine product and increase REV's.