sharetrader
Page 4 of 232 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: RAK Rakon

You think Rakon might do a Plus SMS & have its share price multiple within 12 months?

I personally wouldnt touch PLS, but it did go up from 0.14 to 0.82 (now at 0.68) so hype or not, most people would still be in the money.

This would be the first IPO in a long time ASB Securities have not offered me an allocation.

Banned

quote:Originally posted by shasta

You think Rakon might do a Plus SMS & have its share price multiple within 12 months?

I personally wouldnt touch PLS, but it did go up from 0.14 to 0.82 (now at 0.68) so hype or not, most people would still be in the money.

This would be the first IPO in a long time ASB Securities have not offered me an allocation.
    Hype sells. So sell the hype until reality bites.

Ask Lanenz about NZO and the hype there. He's still sore about holding NZO whilst Woodside goes higher and higher and higher. Only thing going higher and higher at NZO is management's salaries.

Nothing wrong with getting in early before the herd & letting the hype drive up the share price & making a quid from it is there?

BTW, am holding NZO & not complaining, but lets leave this to a more appropriate thread.

Rakon is IMO a stag play until the market see some real numbers chalked up & disclosed.

Nothing wrong with getting in early before the herd & letting the hype drive up the share price & making a quid from it is there?

BTW, am holding NZO & not complaining, but lets leave this to a more appropriate thread.

Rakon is IMO a stag play until the market see some real numbers chalked up & disclosed.
    Totally agree. Will stag my little allocation.

Banned

quote:Originally posted by sniper

Hype sells. So sell the hype until reality bites.

Ask Lanenz about NZO and the hype there. He's still sore about holding NZO whilst Woodside goes higher and higher and higher. Only thing going higher and higher at NZO is management's salaries.
    Im very sore, with laughter.

Which tells you it's worth investing in. The brokers only shove their snouts in when it's a "cert". That's why they don't want any punters getting a sniff.
    Disc: JWI, VCT, VCT010

Stainless Steel Rat - slipping between the cracks.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Rakon is a good company. They have good product and good management, remember that they have a strong position in their market and invest in making the most of it. They are evryhting one looks for in a growth share

However everything has it's price and reading this thread leads me to believe that this one will end up well overpriced once trading gets underway. It will take time for this to settle at a realistic price.

If you have not got a firm allocation then patience will be the key to gaining a stake in this one.
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Pumpkin Patch was way over-priced at the time of the IPO, wasn't it? [8D]

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

quote:Originally posted by sniper

Pumpkin Patch was way over-priced at the time of the IPO, wasn't it? [8D]
    The role of devil's advocate suits you, sniper.
    om mani peme hum

I know this will most likely get blasted, and that's all good - however, one thing that striked me as fairly odd (given rough mental calculations of comparably sized orgs) was the number of employees...500 is a hell of a lot of people isn't it?

Keeping in mind the fact that I believe regardless of the IPO price, this share is bound to have some blue sky on open- at which time i will most likely throw some speculative cash into