sharetrader
Page 55 of 234 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: RAK Rakon

This has been a bouncy stock on the back of little news, as stated above it seems to have been caught up in people (fisher?) reshuffling portfolios and nothing else.

Recently the femto cell proposition has gained traction and has the possibility to really take off – interesting article follows:

http://www.nbr.co.nz/opinion/chris-k...ve-vodafone-xt

Anyone else watching RAK?
    Last edited by buns; 01-07-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Advanced Member

Maybe the market has woken up to it , thats why its not going up

AGM tomorrow could be interesting .... wonder why a sudden surge in the shareprice today

First NZ lowered their profit forecasts recently because of the high NZ dollar but rave on about how this femtocell technology is going to be great driver of future profits

Wouldn't rave on about that .... and then subtly include a profit downgrade in the presentation would they ... of course not
    Last edited by winner69; 13-08-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Trading halt -- read all about it. expansion in china after a year of pondering, good news i think.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Talking Open to interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by Annanz View Post
    I just want to clarify something. Would I be able to purchase 100 Shares of Rakon maybe at $1.58 then purchase another 3000 shares through SPP at $1.10? Any help would be appreciated.
    Well.

1) As far as I can see the announcement does not give any date for determining eligibility, you may have missed the boat already.

2) I am fairly certain that 100 shares at $1.58 is not a marketable parcel and your broker may well not accept the order.

3) "The placement price is underwritten at NZ$1.10 "
    $1.10 is a floor price and in reality the institutions may well pay more and then
    "The price of these shares will be the lower of either the institutional placement price, or 2.5% below the average end of day market price of Rakon shares traded on the NZX over the period of five business days immediately prior to the closing date of the SPP."

4) You may get scaled:
    "Each holder will be eligible to apply for up to NZ$ 15,000 worth of shares, with applications being scaled if subscriptions exceed NZ$ 20 million. Any scaling of the SPP will be done relative to each shareholder's existing shareholding and the total number of new shares they apply for."

regards
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Default Spp

Anna

In theory yes you can, but in practice not likely because it is likely to be scaled, and the price is likely to be more than $1.10.

The SPP is capped at $20m and will be scaled if there are oversubscriptions. The scaling is based on: a) how many RAK shares you own, and b) how many shares you apply for.

Note, the record date for the SPP is next Tuesday 29 Sep and the purchase price is likely to be more than $1.10 depending on today's institutional book build. (It is only underwritten at $1.10.)

BM
    Last edited by Bob Marley; 22-09-2009 at 09:25 PM.

Who are the brokers?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

I've heard it's UBS.

Having lost money on RAK I now only hold a few thousand shares (the loss would have been worse had I not sold the bulk of my holding in the 150's).

Still mulling on the SPP.

Now a puzzle for the conspiracy theorists:

The application form says that a reply-paid envelope was enclosed with the SPP info - it wasn't. Did others receive this? Wondering if this was a one-off glitch or if Computershare are looking to save cash wherever they can (and help to dissuade small-scale holders from bothering them with their applications).

It was a mistake. I got a letter from Solution Dynamics yesterday with an explanation, an apology and the missing envelope. Yours must still be in the mail.