sharetrader
Page 84 of 233 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast

Thread: RAK Rakon

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    can anyone explain to me why the RAK share price continue's to hold it's ground.
    Its the NAV for me. Can't bring myself to part with it, when it should be a take over target.

Of course selfish and incompetent management would repel a takeover... and with margins like they have it wouldn't be at a great premium.

On reading this back, I think I will sell tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    I think alot of investors look at the nav, but my gut feeling is this is very misguiding, I dont know who come's up with that value but one thing is for sure if it is influenced by management or directors in RAK it is guaranteed to be misleading.

Those of us with long enough memories remember Fortex which went belly-up despite having a NAV well in excess of share price.

Likewise, TUR when the Germans made their takeover offer.

It's all about cash flow and realizability of assets if push comes to shove.

老外

Yep, I was as positive about the company as mknz a year ago... a year later I am out for only a small loss.

To me, I have no idea why the share price is stuck at around 42c. Management of the company seems to be inept, then covered up with nice words, followed by missed results, more ineptitude, followed by covering up with nice words. As others have pointed out, this has been happening for YEARS, which shows it has become a part of their culture and will be hard to change.

Like others have said. The industry this company is in is booming while their profits are sliding further and further into the red. This company is seriously under performing and they continue to make stupid decisions (why on earth they didn't currency hedge properly is beyond me) and keep blaming everyone else for their inept management. A badly managed companies share price will likely head one way and I believe it will continue to head that way rather soon.

At least they are responding to such criticism by making some sound financial decisions (moving production off shore) and management decisions (getting more independent directors), but I fail to see this having a great effect medium term. Their savings of 10m on moving their production off shore may mean that they break even next year. They need to win a lot more customers (unlike the Huawei deal which added virtually nothing onto their bottom line), make a few more management changes and produce a lot more product enhancements (hopefully backed up by IP) before I am lured back. Plus they need to actually start providing real guidance, say that they made mistakes and make themselves accountable for those mistakes by giving a number of staff members (we know who they are) dramatic cuts in their pay in direct relation to the performance of the company. If they can do all that, I will be back in. If not, we may be kissing goodbye to a NZ company who had the greatest potential.

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Yep, I was as positive about the company as mknz a year ago... a year later I am out for only a small loss.

To me, I have no idea why the share price is stuck at around 42c. Management of the company seems to be inept, then covered up with nice words, followed by missed results, more ineptitude, followed by covering up with nice words. As others have pointed out, this has been happening for YEARS, which shows it has become a part of their culture and will be hard to change.

Like others have said. The industry this company is in is booming while their profits are sliding further and further into the red. This company is seriously under performing and they continue to make stupid decisions (why on earth they didn't currency hedge properly is beyond me) and keep blaming everyone else for their inept management. A badly managed companies share price will likely head one way and I believe it will continue to head that way rather soon.

At least they are responding to such criticism by making some sound financial decisions (moving production off shore) and management decisions (getting more independent directors), but I fail to see this having a great effect medium term. Their savings of 10m on moving their production off shore may mean that they break even next year. They need to win a lot more customers (unlike the Huawei deal which added virtually nothing onto their bottom line), make a few more management changes and produce a lot more product enhancements (hopefully backed up by IP) before I am lured back. Plus they need to actually start providing real guidance, say that they made mistakes and make themselves accountable for those mistakes by giving a number of staff members (we know who they are) dramatic cuts in their pay in direct relation to the performance of the company. If they can do all that, I will be back in. If not, we may be kissing goodbye to a NZ company who had the greatest potential.
    They are NOT wrong, the market and you are.

老外

Huh? Who is not wrong? Sorry, Balance, what are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by blobbles View Post
    Huh? Who is not wrong? Sorry, Balance, what are you on about?
    That's what the directors of Rakon will tell you.

老外

Oh I am with you now , sorry slow today!

Yep, everyone else is wrong except for them. They have had numerous chances to prove they are right, but drop the ball on every one.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    41c now. Can't be long before it closes below the 40c mark.
    Sleep with a dog with fleas and you guess what happens next?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Sleep with a dog with fleas and you guess what happens next?
    Baby dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Halebop View Post
    Baby dogs?
    That's a good new one!
    Rakon still just holding onto 41 cents.

Time for Bryan "PGC/George Kerr" Mogridge to leave and take the bad stench with him.
    Last edited by Balance; 10-12-2012 at 08:55 PM.