sharetrader
Page 89 of 234 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast

Thread: RAK Rakon

ahhh sigh, i guess it's time (actually well past time) to grin and bear it and cut my losses on this one.

no posts on rak today .... what's wrong with you all

shareprice 1 cent closer to snapiti's target i notice

STC...have you looked at Wellington Drive? If you are looking to invest in a stock that has possibly been de-risked that might be a better choice and much more likely to be a takeover target in my opinion. They have replaced the management and appear to be improving. And with a market cap of only 13 million they look cheap. There chances of making a success of it seem better than Rakon too in my opinion. They have much in common really e.g. both price takers despite their 'leading edge tech'. I have been looking at both these stocks recently and Rakon doesn't shine at all, but Wellington Drive looks like it might be worth a few bucks invested into it. Any thoughts?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    Even if the Robinson wanted to sell DO THEY HAVE ANYTHING TO SELL
    Do they have any patents. YOu just have to look at the recently failed former tech companies that are being bought purely for their Patents. I assume RAK, if they had any would be in the right area for the Apple/Google/Samsung patent wars over mobile phones.

If they have no patents, then they are just a manufacturing company.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I think you have all got it wrong. The total assets of RAK are valued at 90c.
    At the current price of 37c, it is trading well over 50% below what it's worth. If you take into account future potential, then it's worth well over $1.
    I have recently purchased 80,000 shares @ 37c and expect my investment to double within the next 2yrs.
    Extremely excited about this!

Quote Originally Posted by lazylarry View Post
    At the current price of 37c, it is trading well over 50% below what it's worth. If you take into account future potential, then it's worth well over $1.
    I have recently purchased 80,000 shares @ 37c and expect my investment to double within the next 2yrs.
    59% below asset backing or what it is worth

Could be right n there larry ....market doesn't always get it eh

What happened to new year resolutions about being nice to people ...Esp those who you think are stupid

Hope larry has the last laugh

老外

I was also extremely excited when I first invested in them, thinking the market has got these guys all wrong!

But after a couple of years of really, really, really missing targets... some terrible management decisions that aren't learnt from, downward spiralling profits (which are now turning into sizeable losses) in a market that is rapidly growing, more investigations revealing that the company (as long as it operates) gives its majority owners 2.2 million per year while the other shareholders get nothing (read "cash cow")... I realised the market was right.

25c might be generous for them.

Until them make some serious changes, can create something that competitors can't mass produce for less (i.e. actually get some IP), can get into the consumer items that are actually growing, can win some much larger clients paying a higher cost for their goods... until then RAK isn't worth your money and I would advise not investing in them. There are other potentially well managed companies out there with IP in place in higher margin businesses that make a lot more sense. Look at PEB if you want a home grown product with huge potential. Remember that you want to invest in a company that can actually make a profit, not one who only makes a profit if xyz conditions happen.

Remember lazylarry that companies with the best potential can fail if they are not managed effectively.

I look forward to reading Snapiti's response!

I do hold a small amount, but I'm so dizzy with all the spin thrown at me, I might as well stay on the merry go round and travel with this circus.

Very informative and (generally) constructive thread this one. I was thinking about Rakon as a potential recovery story but have realised that was just a dream. As they say on Dragons Den "I'm out"