sharetrader
Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: EUR.USD

Morning All

Major Gann (as mentioned recently) is now just above circa 4215-4221 which
    ties in nicely with the brown moths 1272 @ 4217. We should certainly see
    some hesitation at this point, and its time to look for that confirming reversal
    signal.

Thanks for EW chart Peat

rgds -arco

i feel i may have jumped the gun a little with short 14175 will phase in more

a few signs printing, would that be termed a shooting star on daily candlestick arco

not exactly DA

A type of candlestick formation that results when a security's price, at some point during the day, advances well above the opening price but closes lower than the opening price.

In order for a candlestick to be considered a shooting star, the formation must be on an upward or bullish trend. Furthermore, the distance between the highest price for the day and the opening price must be more than twice as large as the shooting star's body. Finally, the distance between the lowest price for the day and the closing price must be very small or nonexistent.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

thanks pete , its my achillies heel the candelstick stuff, but i am getting nisons book and yet

more study

i do believe you got to be a good allrounder

maybe this little bearish gartley shape will assist

I also spotted a bullish one on Eur/GPB
    Last edited by peat; 28-09-2007 at 01:50 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

DB

to confirm an ideal shooting star pattern according to Louise Bedford,for confirmation of the pattern the next trading period should be below the body of the shooting star and a red shooting star has more bearish significance!

cheers
    roddy

talking books just got fibonacci for active trader , derrik hobbs , very logical interesting book

i reckon we should get a bit of swap a book going , that hobbs book was hard to find and dam pricey

Smile

DB

have just ordered Millionaire Traders: How Everyday People Are Beating Wall Street at Its Own Game (Hardcover)
    by Kathy Lien (Author), Boris Schlossberg (Author),

From what i gather they the Authors interviewed 12 top traders not all fx but trade their own market of choice very well,i will review the book when it arrives.
    Boris and a trader are shown on a video,Boris says athletes make good traders because they are highly disciplined and know how to handle pain!

roddy

Interesting that the original Hobbs book is out of print, but he has one coming out in Germany 2007/2008.

Fibonacci-trading für aktive Trader: Fibonacci-techniken verstehen und anwenden

Kurzbeschreibung
    Derrik Hobbs präsentiert Ihnen in seinem neuen Buch die erfolgreichsten Fibonacci- Strategien. Diese 7 Techniken helfen Ihnen, bei Aktien, Indizes, Devisen und Rohstoffen die wichtigsten Wendepunkte zu erkennen und diese frühzeitig und profitabel zu antizipieren. Jede der Strategien wird zusammen mit dem passenden Regelwerk vorgestellt. Dabei erklärt Hobbs nicht nur Entry- und Exit-Punkte, sondern auch, wie man den Stopp-Loss am besten setzt und anpasst und wie man Positionen langsam aufbzw. abbaut. Ein Buch, das Ihre Tradingresultate schlagartig verbessern wird. • Lernen Sie, wie man Fibonacci-Setups unverfälscht erkennen kann • Erkennen Sie den idealen Preislevel für das Eröffnen eines Trades • Erfahren Sie, wie man Verluste begrenzt und Gewinne laufen lässt • Tauchen Sie in die Welt von Fibonacci-Trading ein

Der Verlag über das Buch
    - Lernen Sie, wie man Fibonacci-Setups unverfälscht erkennen kann! - Erkennen Sie den idealen Preislevel für das Eröffnen eines Trades! - Erfahren Sie, wie man seine Stopps platziert und wie man Verluste begrenzt und Gewinne laufen lässt! - Tauchen Sie in die Welt von Fibonacci-Trading mit mehr als 150 praktischen Beispielen ein!

Which roughly translates to

Short description Derrik Hobbs presents you in his new book the most successful Fibonacci strategies. These 7 techniques help you to recognize and these promptly and profitable antizipieren with shares, indices, foreign exchange and raw materials the most important turning points. Each of the strategies is introduced together with the suitable set of rules. Hobbs explains not only entry and points of exit, but also, how one sets the stop Loss best and adapts and how one diminishes positions slowly aufbzw.. A book, which will improve your Tradingresultate suddenly? Do you learn, how one can recognize Fibonacci Setups genuinely? Do you recognize the ideal price level for opening a trade? Do you experience, how one limits losses and lets profits run? Dive into the world from Fibonacci Trading The publishing house over the book - learning it, how one can recognize Fibonacci Setups genuinely! - recognizing it the ideal price level for opening a trade! - experiencing it, how one platziert its stops and how one limits losses and lets profits run! - dipping it into the world of Fibonacci Trading with more than 150 practical examples!

34 Euro.

your german is not too shabby arco