sharetrader
Page 80 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: EUR.USD

Default Major resistance

Yep, I reckon every man and his dog is gonna be trading that reistance level, if it breaks, we'll be seeing 1.45 in no time. Gentlemen, place your stops

Quote Originally Posted by russki View Post
    Yep, I reckon every man and his dog is gonna be trading that reistance level, if it breaks, we'll be seeing 1.45 in no time. Gentlemen, place your stops
    ...looks like it is 'onward and upward' for the USD after a sharpest drop into the equinox; however, a close below 82.63 would confirm more USD downward pressure;

Kind Regards

Hi DB,

I was long Euro from lower levels but i got shaken out at 1.3575.i am dubious as to just how high the Euro will go,all the data out of there is dismay as was the news Friday nite,having said that there is no meaningful reversal yet and price is always king

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    ...looks like it is 'onward and upward' for the USD after a sharpest drop into the equinox; however, a close below 82.63 would confirm more USD downward pressure;

Kind Regards
    ...there are possibly only two ways how to finance the US deficit:

1- The federal deficits could be financed by further flight from equities and other investments. The next financial shock could arise from commercial real estate. Stores are closing in shopping centers, and vacancies are rising in office buildings. Without rents, the mortgages can’t be paid.
    Another scare and another big drop in the stock market will set off a second "FLIGHT TO QUALITY" and finance the budget deficits (buying up treasuries >to be on the safe side, the safest way would be to buy the shortest term treasuries)

2- The Federal Reserve will buy most of the new bonds and create demand deposits for the Treasury. In effect, the money supply will grow by the amount of Fed purchases of new Treasury debt. Printing money to finance the government’s budget normally leads to high inflation and high interest rates.
    The initial impact of the announcement of the Fed’s plan to purchase existing debt was to drive up the bond prices. However, if the reserves poured into the banking system by the bond purchases result in new money growth, and if the Fed purchases the new debt issues to finance the governments’ budget deficits, the outlook for bond prices and the dollar becomes poor.
    source: http://vdare.com/roberts/090319_bailout.htm

...looking at the long term trajectory of equity markets as well as the fact that the Fed's intention remains to keep interest rates at their lowest possible level for a prolonged period of time, it looks most likely that 1- should be the preferred strategy to tackle the deficit problem...

Kind Regards

...after 3 cent surge, USD looks like on its way to challenge 92.63 level...

...sweet, as long as key level remains *83.7 on downside

-demand for USD remains high globally as a safe haven bet as well as being the denominated currency of global issued debt
    -NO INFLATIONARY PRESSURES due to huge gap in global economic output (DEFLATION)
    -due to global QE to close global output gap, erecting protective tariff barriers, as well as competitive currency devaluations avoided
    -expect NZD to depreciate (more rate cuts as well as QE) as further appreciation of exchange rate would be deflationary to the struggling NZ economy

Trading Strategy: long USD/NZD

Kind Regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 29-03-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: correction

perfect H+Sh on the hourly
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

And it's opp mate usd/chf doing the same.

Cheers
    Miner

no joy in that H+S for me tho, now above the shoulder so I guess thats a fail.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

...most likely, next bullish move for USD to 92 index-level, likely coinciding with bearish correction tendencies in the US Blue Chips...

Kind Regards

Into cloud resistance on 1h and 4h it looks like the grey box could be the maximum test area of the thick Kumo which has turned bearish going forward. If we see a turnaround at this point it could be followed by a circa 300 pip fall onto supportive Kumo on daily TF. However, if the action penetrates the Kumo, it could be a different story

For Peat

http://www.tradersedgeindia.com/images/ew18.gif

Last edited by arco; 13-08-2009 at 03:06 PM.