sharetrader
Page 1 of 64 123451151 ... LastLast
    Guru

Default MCR - 75 million in the bank and no debt, get ready

If u read between the lines, as soon as David Moore wraps up TYC ( 16 million cash to Mincor), expect him to re-focus on gold.http://www.mincor.com.au/other_operations/africa.phtmVery interesting prospects, and they will have the cash and expertise to do it.Just look at what David Moore did with TYC, world class !Cheers, not so [B)][}]P.S Forgot to mention Widge, huge potential in that area and if u ever stop at the roadhouse and read the article on the wall, u will know why.[B)]
    Last edited by tricha; 06-09-2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: hh

tricha

No result from the link above , I am afraid
    Time is the great revealer

Whiteheron:

I'm not sure why the link isn't working.

But if you cut, then chop /africa.phtm, you will connect,then select - I think it's operations then Africa, but you will be able to find quickly I'm sure

Guru

sorry about that, try that and then go to other projects - then Africa

http://www.mincor.com.au/other_operations

MCR is my second largest holder and will be held for the longterm .
    great divi growth should be at least another 3c this year (total 5c)
    very confident the MD can increase MCR,s nickel reserves extending the nickel mining past 3-4yrs
    by which time MCR will be pouring there first gold at there new 5mill ounce gold mine
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

MCR needs to do some work to break 80, then we will break for $1.04 again I will look to accumulate some longs around 70 to 75

MCR is a definite hold in my opinion , a company with a great deal going for it --- and it pays dividends too , which is not too common with mining companies

Share price has been struggling for some time , but now moving ahead nicely
    Outlook is bright and will be very cash rich once proceeds from TYC received
    Time is the great revealer

Guru

Mr Moore is world class (TYC proves it, that was no mean feat)this is only the beginning! Well thats my belief, I've recieved my cheque in the mail to prove it and expect a much bigger one in August.

Cheers [B)][}]

Mincor Secures Lake Cowan Gold Prospect

Mincor operations

Nickel producer Mincor Resources NL has announced the first step in its new growth and diversification strategy after completing preparations for the start of exploration on its 100%-owned Lake Cowan Gold Project, located between the St Ives and Norseman gold mining centres in Western Australia.

The strategic addition to Mincor’s exploration portfolio represents the first in a series of new project acquisitions designed to broaden its asset base into other commodities, leveraging off the strong cash flows from its core nickel operations.

The 40sqkm Lake Cowan tenement block – located between Avoca Resources’ Higginsville Gold Project (which includes the recent Trident and Athena discoveries) and the Zuleika South Project – lies in the heart of one of the most sought-after gold and nickel exploration provinces in Australia.

Mincor’s managing director David Moore said Lake Cowan represented a high-quality gold play located just south of Mincor’s nickel operations and around 30km north of the 5Moz Norseman gold mining centre.

“We are very pleased to have secured this prime gold exploration property, where we plan to aggressively target Archaean-style gold ore bodies similar to those at Kalgoorlie, St Ives, Norseman and Higginsville,” Mr Moore said.

The Lake Cowan Project covers a large anti-form in mafic basalt-gabbro-dolerite rocks adjacent to two of Western Australia’s most prolific gold-bearing structures, the Boulder-Lefroy Fault and the Zuleika Shear. The Boulder-Lefroy Fault hosts the world-class 15Moz St Ives Gold Mine, located some 60km to the north-east of Mincor’s Lake Cowan tenement.

Mr Moore said there had been almost no exploration on the Lake Cowan tenement due to the presence of lake sediments which had hindered past exploration. Mincor plans to fly a detailed aeromagnetic survey (at approximately 20m line spacings) followed by first-pass lake aircore drill traverses.

“We expect to complete the aeromagnetic survey by mid-May, which will clear the way for drilling to commence by June 2006, or sooner if possible depending on rig and aircraft availability and environmental approvals,” he added.

Mr Moore said Mincor’s strategy was to widen its exposure to a range of new growth opportunities across the minerals industry, while simultaneously expanding its existing highly successful Kambalda nickel business through aggressive nickel exploration.

“We expect to announce a number of new growth opportunities over the coming months, with these projects advancing in parallel with our ongoing intensive nickel exploration programs at Kambalda,” he added.

- 12 Apr 2006

Guru

Well nickel raced over $24,000 a ton oz tonight,

Mincor are doing 13,000 tons a year now, x $16,000 ( BHP get around a third for processing costs)

Quite impressive sums if these prices continue.Still earns 208 million - costs

And costs will rocket down this quarter as the spending is done, as far as production goes on their four mines.

Live Spot Prices

SPOT MARKET IS OPEN
    closes in 9 hrs. 41 mins.
    change since 19:00 London Time
    Price: US$/lb

Nickel ¬ Apr 13, 09:05
    Bid/Ask 7.9088 - 7.9315
    Change +0.0696 +0.89%
    Low/High 7.7713 - 7.9769
    Charts

London Metal Exchange Warehouse Stocks(Apr 12)
    Metal Tonnes in Storage Change from
    previous day
    Aluminum 747,275 -2550
    Copper 111,750 -600
    Nickel 28,728 -168 The key to it all, lets hope this number continues to plummet.
    Lead 92,850 +725
    Zinc 264,625 -525
    Charts

Cheers not so [B)][}]

Guru

Mincor Adds To Portfolio

Mincor's Mittel Mine

Mincor Resources NL was granted Exploration Licenses for its Gascoyne Project, which is 350 kilometres east of Canarvon in Western Australia. The company has established known occurrences of tungsten and uranium, as well as copper and gold targets.

The acquisition is a further step in Mincor's recently announced strategy designed to broaden its asset base into other commodities and geographic regions outside its core nickel business at Kambalda.

The Gascoyne project consists of 2 now-granted and 100%-owned Exploration Licences (E05/1205 & 1228) and 2 Licence Applications covering a total area of 756 square kilometres. The area contains a number of high priority exploration targets, including uranium occurrences at the Nardoo Well and White Well Prospects as well as tungsten, gold and copper.

Mincor's Managing Director, David Moore, said the company would complete its initial reconnaissance programme and verification of historical data before starting a programme of shallow RC and diamond drilling, expected to be underway by June 2006.

"If we can replicate the results of earlier sampling at Nardoo Well and demonstrate that the reported tungsten grades pervade the units of interest, we could be in a position to delineate a significant open-pittable resource, possibly with uranium as a co-product, creating a major strategic growth opportunity for Mincor," Mr Moore said.

"In addition to drilling at Nardoo Well, we plan to systematically evaluate the numerous other gold, copper and uranium prospects located within the tens of kilometres of prospective strike length with a view to drill testing of priority targets before the end of 2006," Mr Moore added.

"This is a highly prospective area which has seen very little historic exploration, making it an exciting strategic addition to our portfolio of growth projects," Mr Moore commented.

"We are currently evaluating a number of other prospects, similar to the Lake Cowan and Gascoyne Projects, which offer diversification into gold and base metals with the potential to become long-life growth assets. We expect to make further announcements in this regard in the coming weeks," Mr Moore said.

- 20 Apr 2006