sharetrader
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Gold Rush - why am I missing out?!

Isn't it great to see Gold at US $640 an ounce.

I piled all my money into gold shares when the price was US $550. I must be swimming in profits right? Wrong.

Purchased MOE, ELM, TGS and GDR and they all haven't moved since gold has made it's run over the last month. Yet shares such as BSG, LHG are increasing as the gold price rises.

Why I am not being rewarded for taking the plunge and doing all my research that gold was the commodity to be in and yet I actually lose money out of it.

Lucky gold didn't go down - I'd be broke by now.

Just one day I wish some good fortune would shine on me - just once would be nice.

Right, back to spagetti on toast tonite[V]

Just remember that the sharemarket is a place where wealth is transferred from the impatient to the patient ( that is , so long as your research has been done )

Many a time I have sold too early , only to find that shortly thereafter there has been a significant price rise for the shares in thecompany sold

Sometimes you just have to sit and watch the grass grow for a while
    Time is the great revealer

Bronson, how much gold do those companies have & how long before its extracted, what are the costs of extraction? Do they have finance to further the projects? You need to look into them a little more, remember every bull run leads to newcomers into the sector & its the proven miners who profit & are selling it when the prices are high. Many junior miners miss the boat or get swallowed up when they do not have the financial sources to compete.

Like what whiteheron said, a mining company takes time to realise its potential, especially if new, and there is infrastructure to be built etc.

hi for what its worth,gold com on my watchlist are cto.mrs.bmo.maybe heg.this is not advise cheers pago.

Banned

quote:Originally posted by pago

hi for what its worth,gold com on my watchlist are cto.mrs.bmo.maybe heg.this is not advise cheers pago.
    Please don't rub salt into the wound

Banned

quote:Originally posted by shasta

Bronson, how much gold do those companies have & how long before its extracted,
    Well Moto Goldmines (MOE) has a resource estimate of 16 million o/z - probably 20 million by June/July and could be one the the great gold stories worldwide.

Only problems are that it is in the Congo and is currently in negotiations dispute with the Govt (see MOE thread)

If things work out for it they will be talking about this company for years to come.

bronson,sell and buy another share if your not happy,im holding sbm as a fairly safe gold share,but im not saying sbm is the best buy,cheers pago.

Banned

quote:Originally posted by pago

bronson,sell and buy another share if your not happy,im holding sbm as a fairly safe gold share,but im not saying sbm is the best buy,cheers pago.
    No worries pago - I'll hang on. Patience and Perseverence shall be the key

Patience and perseverence is the key when your holding good solid companies. Unfortunately companies with operations in the congo do not fall into that catagory.An iron mining company with Fe grades of less than 60% does not fall into that catagory either. I bought most of my mining shares in 2003. While there were a lot more bargains around in those days, there's still the odd one to be found today - you just have to look a bit harder.
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

Banned

Point taken Mick. The Eckhof related companies are a risk and people need to be aware of that. Risk and reward is never a truer statement especially for those in the Congo.