sharetrader
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

quote:Originally posted by whiteheron

Just remember that the sharemarket is a place where wealth is transferred from the impatient to the patient ( that is , so long as your research has been done )

Many a time I have sold too early , only to find that shortly thereafter there has been a significant price rise for the shares in thecompany sold

Sometimes you just have to sit and watch the grass grow for a while
    If you have done your research then just sit and be patient. I have learnt my lesson in patience. There is not a single commodity related stock which i have owned and sold within the last couple of years which is not now trading well above my sale price. I had IGO and LHG early on but let them go after becoming bored with sp inactivity. It pains me to look at their prices now and think what might have been. If your research is on the mark then it's just a waiting game..
    The more I learn, the more I realise I don\'t know!!

Banned

Thanks guys

Appreciate the feedback.

Cheers

Lets hope you outperform today Bronson, Moto are up strongly on the TSX ... the rest is gonna be pretty nasty though I think.

Disc: Approx $200k in gold,silver & PGM stocks, gonna turn the computer off today !!!
    nelehdine

quote:Originally posted by bronson

Isn't it great to see Gold at US $640 an ounce.

I piled all my money into gold shares when the price was US $550. I must be swimming in profits right? Wrong.
    I am experiencing the same with OGD which to me is a very safe gold stock at the prduction stage with large reserves. Yet the price has gone up little. I regard it as cheap at currrent proces. I suspect that sentiment plays a large part and some stocks do not get noticed. This one is interesting because it is always cheaper on the Aus market than the NZ one. Sentiment again?
    Empty kookaburras make the most sound.
    Lessons from a snake-eater

quote:Originally posted by nelehdine

Lets hope you outperform today Bronson, Moto are up strongly on the TSX ... the rest is gonna be pretty nasty though I think.

Disc: Approx $200k in gold,silver & PGM stocks, gonna turn the computer off today !!!
    Interesting. Why do you think it is going to be nasty? To me this bull run has a way to go yet. No hot tips from the bellhop yet.

quote:Originally posted by Kookaburra

I am experiencing the same with OGD which to me is a very safe gold stock at the prduction stage with large reserves. Yet the price has gone up little. I regard it as cheap at currrent proces. I suspect that sentiment plays a large part and some stocks do not get noticed. This one is interesting because it is always cheaper on the Aus market than the NZ one. Sentiment again?
    OGD is subject to a fairly large hedging book....thus with much of its production (over 50% I believe) the company cannot take advantge of the rise in the price of gold.

quote:Originally posted by Packersoldkidney
    OGD is subject to a fairly large hedging book....thus with much of its production (over 50% I believe) the company cannot take advantge of the rise in the price of gold.
    In fact in one sense you are right - 80% of gold production in any one year is hedged. Currently the average hedge price is US 443 (to 2008) and OGD has sold forward 480,000ozs. Current production was 170,000ozs for 2005. However the share price has to be based on more than just two years of production (OGD expect to ramp up to 230,000ozs a year). They state that estimated resource over Macraes, Reefton and Sams Creek/Rise and Shine is 7.0m ozs. Recovery cost is currently @ around US240/oz. If the long run price of gold (and this is the $64 question) stays around US600 then the total resource value is potentially 7m x (600-240) = US2.5b or US7 a share. Currently that is about NZ$11. Spread over say 10years that should mean a current value of in the region of NZ$0.90 without any growth in the price of gold(at a guess not having the wherewithall to do an NPV calculation). If the long run value goes to say US700 then the value goes to around NZ$1.40. These are very crude sums but they do indicate to me that the rpice is low despite the hedging.

Banned

quote:Originally posted by bronson

quote:Originally posted by pago

hi for what its worth,gold com on my watchlist are cto.mrs.bmo.maybe heg.this is not advise cheers pago.
    Please don't rub salt into the wound
    Sounds like cojodoggy

Banned

This sharemarket is completely *&*ked up. I'm losing big money on all my gold shares and gold is now $686 o/z.

Someone put me out of my misery will ya.

YOU MIGHT LIKE TO STAY IN CASH....just for a little while....ill give some help later