sharetrader
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hi Kookaburra, OGD are expected to restructure their hedge book in the near future. Which augurs well for the SP.

OGD will be great buying at these levels if they scraped the hedge book why they ever hedged so much at 443usd ,no doult the banks needed them too for there loans.
    Gold,s only going higher my prediction at least 750usd by years end
    costs should increase(fuel#1) as the NZD trends lower -offset against higher sales prices (imo-costs will outweigh higher prices for OGD)
    overall a good safe(43c-asset backing)gold investment
    -But personal belive DIO or MRS will blow OGD out the door for sp increases over the next couple years but also alot higher risk.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Bronson, I have some advice for you:

sell all of your shares and put your money in a bank deposit - your way out of your depth in this market

You could also buy CAZ and lose 75% of your capital in the next couple of months - I'd go for the bank deposit myself.
    He who lives by the crystal ball soon learns to eat ground glass. (Edgar Fiedler)

gold at over 700....when will it end(a lot higher)..ibr..close to production..the upside is there

quote:Originally posted by easy money

YOU MIGHT LIKE TO STAY IN CASH....just for a little while....ill give some help later

Thanks for your thoughts EM.

What are your thoughts now regarding your previous two stocks you were bullish about CER and CSG Now wheres that CSG>?

NO CHANGE THERE IP....cer have there annual meeting on tuesday..are you going?

[quote]Originally posted by easy money

NO CHANGE THERE IP....cer have there annual meeting on tuesday..are you going?
    [Well there was a 2 million odd sell order sitting just above 5 cents with very little depth on the buy side one must be rather pessimistic about short term prospects.

Your thoughts.

Have you given any reccomendations in the past that have done the deeds?

I was bullish about Summit at around 5 cents Im not one to brag but....... /quote]

You know IP.... sales for cer are up 622% for the march quarter..thats www.certified-organics.com
    cks

quote:Originally posted by JBmurc

OGD will be great buying at these levels if they scraped the hedge book why they ever hedged so much at 443usd ,no doult the banks needed them too for there loans.
    Gold,s only going higher my prediction at least 750usd by years end
    costs should increase(fuel#1) as the NZD trends lower -offset against higher sales prices (imo-costs will outweigh higher prices for OGD)
    overall a good safe(43c-asset backing)gold investment
    -But personal belive DIO or MRS will blow OGD out the door for sp increases over the next couple years but also alot higher risk.
    OGD hedge book restructured. See announcement today!
    The more I learn, the more I realise I don\'t know!!

Guru

Make sure you’ve got GOLD!

Goes like this, no\low hedging, no\low debt, in production or close to it, excellent management, no\low soverign risk, low cash cost to produce.

Stagflation Here We Come!

By Greg Silberman

May 15, 2006

goldandoil.blogspot.com

I’ve been out of town.

I travel fairly often between Australia and the USA and it never ceases to amaze me that you can sit on a plane for 20 hours (that’s right!) and arrive in an ALTERNATIVE REALITY.

To say that Australia is far from the US is a MAJOR understatement. However the differences don’t stop at Geography. The US is a nation of consumers. The public is focused on Property, Gas Prices and War. The US never ever sleeps!

Australia on the other hand is about lifestyle. The beach, leisure and spending time with family comes first. Australia is also at War but it doesn’t seem to affect the psyche as much. Property prices are no longer the talk they used to be – it’s now the stock market. Gas prices though are also a worry.

ATLANTA INVESTMENT EXPO

As far as expos go the Atlanta Investment Expo was very small. That was great for me because it allowed me to have one-on-one discussions with some Heavy Weights in the Resource Industry and Stock Market Bears.

I was lucky enough to have a close friend accompany me to the expo. It would be fair to say that his attitude and focus towards Commodities changed quite a bit as a result.

I consider my friend a ‘Thinking Mainstream Investor’ so I felt I could extrapolate his views to those of the Investing Public at large. Here’s what I came away with:

• For all the Noise and Chatter about metals and oil making decade highs, we are still very early in this Commodity Bull Market. I’d say we’ve got at least 10 years to go but probably more. It’s going to be a long game so pace yourself for a marathon and not a sprint.

• The public is still shocked when a speaker talks about the Demise of the American Empire and the “Death of the Dollar”. 5 years ago such talk would have been nothing short of treasonous. You gotta love America for Free Speech!

• Energy is the pivotal factor affecting prosperity. Gold and Inflation are a complete unknown.

• The American Investor better realize there is a World outside the USA - especially when it comes to money matters. Americans should travel more and consider implementing what James Turk calls the Last Plane Ticket (LPT). The LPT is a plan to have some assets outside of the USA in case of Government confiscation or exchange controls. The LPT can be used to live off if you have to leave the country. To even contemplate such a thing comes as an UNBELIEVABLE shock.

• The internet is the main source of information for Resource Based investors. The mainstream media have failed miserably in reporting the TRUE story.

My personal view is that in 2 to 5 years time these kinds of expos are going to be Full Houses. You won’t even get close to any of the guest speakers.

THE MAIN STORY

The talk right now is about Gold pushing through the $700 line.

Consider that it took Gold rising to $850 before Paul Volcker was able to break the back of inflation in the early 80’s. Now were at $700 and nobody even acknowledges that there is inflation! Therefore Gold is going to go a LOT higher before the dust settles. In fact adjusted for inflation Gold will have to exceed $2,000 just to match its peak of $850 in 80’s!

Long time readers know that I’ve been reluctant to call this current Monetary phenomenon by name. Is it Inflation, Deflation, Stagflation or what? The reason being, a convincing case could be made for investing in Gold and Energy in almost any monetary climate.

However, I now feal reasonably comfortable in calling this Beast.

For the foreseeable future I believe we are looking directly at Stagflation.

Stagflation is an Inflationary environment coupled with very low rates of growt