sharetrader
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Fundamental reasons behind the rise in the price of gold or pure speculation forming a bubble that will burst once they run out of buyers?

DISC: I hold no gold in any form.

I notice gold is back above us$700
    cks

Quote Originally Posted by bronson View Post
    This sharemarket is completely *&*ked up. I'm losing big money on all my gold shares and gold is now $686 o/z.

Someone put me out of my misery will ya.
    Well your'd be super pissed at today movement of gold shares with gold at $1745oz AUD

The German government was unable to sell about 35pc of the €6bn (£5bn) 10-year bonds it offered to the market, getting just €3.9bn of debt away. The setback came as Fitch Ratings issued a warning that France’s AAA credit rating would be at risk should the crisis result in a sharper downturn in the country than currently envisaged.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...s-markets.html
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Share Collector

Yeah, but in quoting him, don't forget that Bronson was the ST "Joker" in the pack... with a number of other friendly identities, seemingly set up to troll Stolwyk... probably best remembered as "cujodog", I believe.

The title of this thread is sure to set Skol barking a "warning".

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Yeah, but in quoting him, don't forget that Bronson was the ST "Joker" in the pack... with a number of other friendly identities, seemingly set up to troll Stolwyk... probably best remembered as "cujodog", I believe.
    Not so much talking up bronson but the fact if we look back how miffed many gold share holders were back when gold was booming at 600-700oz now it's some $1000 more an sentiment is currently even worse towards great operations....
    ----- it's alway darkest before the drawn 2012 IMHO will be the year that many good Gold/silver plays will boom along with the metals prices
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Looking over a few the goldies I follow I'm certainly see many bargains around and will be moving a good chunk of funds into my ANZ call account before Junes done ..... Some PRU in the lows 20's IRC sub 10c first on my shopping list and maybe even some WPG ,RMS

Hi hi - I have too much skin in this area.

But for now my $0.02 is yours free. The smelly feral high vis types that like playing in red dirt in WA, report an upbeat feeling in the town of Kalgoorlie WA. There is a bucket load of off sight drillers getting large machinery back in action and, a few listings in the hustings from the miners. This can suggest that there might be a bounce in the Au - but talking modestly here.

I've been waiting for Trump the orange one to put his foot in it and start either a NK exchange, a Russian China dust up or another flair up around Syria for a while now. When war happens the shiny gold stuff tends to go up in price. Or there is another theory that Indian brides to be want a dowry with some of the gold stuff or you have your scared aging dooms day preppers wanting to hoard bars too. Anyway. ANYWAY. Supply side is moderate.

Miners to watch. (ASX)

SBM
    SLR
    S32
    EVN

and for the old school BHP, and FMG

I sold out of WGX back when over $A2.30, worth watching sub $2, I'm following GOR and RMS presently, out of pure gold plays but any decent movement in gold price and I'll pull the trigger

Still holding IRC .... might buy a few more

and... NKP for PGM's which are still working through issues before relisting >> might here more at GM