sharetrader
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carparks

Banned

I wouldn't put my dough into the Auckland CBD. I avoid it like the plague, it's dirty, there's traffic jams, crime. Why would people go there when they can get everything they need with free parking at St. Lukes or Albany with hassle-free shopping, most of it under one roof? The cost of parking in the Auckland CBD amounts to legal theft.
    Personally I think the CBD will die, with internet comms and cheaper rents to be had in the suburbs.
    Last edited by Skol; 15-10-2009 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AMR View Post
    Hey guys, what would be the best way to rent carparks out? I may be coming into possession of one soon.
    In the past I have done a notice drop advertising the carpark to rent in nearby office buildings, and a notice on the parking space. Try also carpark.co.nz or trademe or the newspaper. Local public noticeboards too. If Tournament or Wilsons or someone else run the parking in the building, it is easier to go into their pool and get a monthly return through that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    In the past I have done a notice drop advertising the carpark to rent in nearby office buildings, and a notice on the parking space. Try also carpark.co.nz or trademe or the newspaper. Local public noticeboards too. If Tournament or Wilsons or someone else run the parking in the building, it is easier to go into their pool and get a monthly return through that.
    Tournament parking which has been mentioned a couple of times here are nothing but thieves. I parked (in one of my scant wretched forays downtown) in one of Tournaments carparks.
    I didn't have the right change so got a coffee and change to feed the meter and came back within minutes to find my vehicle clamped. A fat very unpleasant islander told me pay $150 or get towed. I paid the fatman $150 and told him what I thought, rang Tournament when I got home but they didn't give a s**t. That's their modus operandi.
    Tournament was subsequently the subject of a lengthy Fair Go enquiry. Kevin Milne requested viewers email their complaints, there were heaps. I did get revenge though. My wife thought I would be on TV because they may have had cameras.

Later in the day I passed the same carpark and saw a woman who was in tears. I asked her what the problem was and she told me her car had been towed despite having paid the correct amount and displayed her pass. Tournament are in cahoots with a towing company, First Recovery.

Scumbags. Should put them on scumbag of the day.
    Last edited by Skol; 16-10-2009 at 06:44 AM.

Yeah but they run the buildings well for all the carpark owners. Your $150 went into our kitty thanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Yeah but they run the buildings well for all the carpark owners. Your $150 went into our kitty thanks.
    Hope you enjoyed what I did to Tournament, cost them s***tloads more than $150.
    I enjoyed it myself, nothing like sticking the knife in.

Tournament won't last the distance doing business like that, probably take you down with them.
    Last edited by Skol; 15-10-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Do tell us Skol!!
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Banned

I removed my vehicle from Tournament to another carpark adjacent.
    After the meeting I attended, I went to have a few beers with guys.
    On the way back to my vehicle (not over the limit) I passed a marine shop and enquired as to whether they had any fast setting glues, not two pot.
    Yep, they had just what I wanted, so it was a bit embarrassing really because I actually encountered the woman I described previously as I was squeezing the stuff into the coin slot.

Revenge is sweet.
    Last edited by Skol; 15-10-2009 at 09:13 PM.

If you missed out on being on Fair Go you may be on the footage from the car park's security cameras.
    We have a lot of people who try to get away with free parking as well as vandalism. However these are all managed as best as they can, and budgetted for. Tournament runs a good operation despite your comments, with steady returns to investors.

Default *Gasp!*

Um...ok, anyway, back to the issue at hand

Peat, When renting out the car did you consider it as a residential tenancy (under the RTA) or did you set up a commercial lease?
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

amr
    neither

skol
    I'd be careful admitting to things online... you may not be as anonymous as you think.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....