sharetrader
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carparks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    If you missed out on being on Fair Go you may be on the footage from the car park's security cameras.
    We have a lot of people who try to get away with free parking as well as vandalism. However these are all managed as best as they can, and budgetted for. Tournament runs a good operation despite your comments, with steady returns to investors.
    I was absent from their carpark no more than 5 minutes to obtain the necessary change. I explained this to the gorilla and that I was a customer for the day. It didn't make any difference, pay $150 or get towed within 10mins. That amounts to nothing less than extortion.

I told this moron that he was stealing from the very people who provided his living. He was obviously watching me from afar from the moment I parked my vehicle, and clamped it as soon as I left to obtain the change, and provide revenue as well for their partners in crime, First Recovery, who also rated a mention on Fair Go.

I told a mate of mine about this a few minutes later and he wanted to go to the hire place over the road and hire a gas axe, but I thought that was going a bit too far.

Check your cameras, you'll have to go back a while though, I spend most of my time offshore. LOL

Phone calls to Tournamnet management were unsuccessful and I kept getting fobbed off by someone called Yasmin. There was no way they were going to entertain the idea of a refund.

You do business with them, good luck.

Treat your customers like that and you can expect plenty of vandalism, not very intelligent management.

If anyone here is considering using Tournament in any regard whatsoever my advice would be to give them an extremely wide berth.

If you want to find out about your quality 'investment managers' Arbitrage, scumbags Tournament, you will, I am sure, be able to purchase the Fair Go programmes from TVNZ. Kevin Milne had plenty to say about them.

Perhaps in your next investment you might like to deal with more ethical individuals.
    Last edited by Skol; 16-10-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    I filled it with glue too

That should help take any future heat off ya Skol
    Thanks, appreciate the vote of confidence. I detest thieves.

Hmmm, you left the carpark without paying. Then when you get caught you vandalise the property. You expect the guy whose job it is to keep an eye on the place to be a judge. Look, there are heaps of people who try all sorts of excuses to avoid payment. So where should the line be drawn?
    Sorry, i can't sympathise. Perhaps if you had made a bigger effort to contact Tournament than a quick phone call, the case could have been reconsidered.
    Also checking you have money before going into a private carpark might help.

Tournament Parking Seems to have a lot of apearances on FAIR GO. The same tool car convertors use to deal with the combined ignition steering locks will defeat most of these wheel clamps
    Possum The Cat

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    Hmmm, you left the carpark without paying. Then when you get caught you vandalise the property. You expect the guy whose job it is to keep an eye on the place to be a judge. Look, there are heaps of people who try all sorts of excuses to avoid payment. So where should the line be drawn?
    Sorry, i can't sympathise. Perhaps if you had made a bigger effort to contact Tournament than a quick phone call, the case could have been reconsidered.
    Also checking you have money before going into a private carpark might help.
    I did not leave the carpark without paying, I was let out after I had $150 stolen by the Tournament gorilla, so fat, he found it difficult to extract himself from his vehicle.
    I did contact Tournament by phone and the result was exactly why they were on Fair Go.
    No deal, pay $150 or get towed.

Want to do business with those thieves, good luck.

Where does it say on Tournaments signs to have the correct change? They're relying on suckers not to have the correct change so the gorilla can clamp their vehicle while they're away getting it.

That Tournament was on several Fair Go shows says it all.
    Last edited by Skol; 19-10-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Banned

Some evidence in the paper today that downtown Auckland is in its death throes.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10604197

IMO that building is very well placed but built in the wrong year.

We have Britomart and all the associated public transport improvements there, the waterfront gentrification, and possibly further improvements out east along the old railway line.

I hope your prediction about the CBD dying is completely off - I am considering fully leveraging up into CBD apartments.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Some evidence in the paper today that downtown Auckland is in its death throes.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10604197
    To build a building without tenant is just stupidity. It does not signal the death throes of downtown.

The BNZ/Deloitte tower is just about complete and is nearly full. Add to that Westpac and EY are moving to new premises in Britomart.

And is it Telecom building a huge new building up on Victoria street. That is a lot of new capacity that has been filled so you would expect there to be low demand in the short term as everyone who is moving has already signed up somewhere else.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by AMR View Post
    I hope your prediction about the CBD dying is completely off - I am considering fully leveraging up into CBD apartments.
    On what basis are you considering going aggressively into CBD apartments?

Just curious. . . I have a rental there myself. Has been relatively easy to keep tenanted but rental is actually down slightly on when I purchased - back in 2002. Seems to be no shortage of new apartments going up.
    NGE, NWE, STX

At the moment apartments are selling for quite a bit less than the build cost, and with the new Auckland City ban on smaller apartments costs go up again.

Plus we have the blue chip oversupply which has forced the prices down for us to pick up but is a short-term factor in my opinion and when it has cleared (along with the public hatred of apartments) then prices will correct.

Like the March lows of 2009 on the stockmarket in my opinion. Also prices are already in an uptrend, probably since the summer of 2008.

What building are you in Seaosh?
    Last edited by AMR; 20-10-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.