sharetrader
Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ENP View Post
    Ahh right I see. Ok I'll do that.

So I have to get my one off payment to IRD before June 30th right?
    Pay it direct to scheme provider. Remember it is the total the scheme receives for the June year. Delays in deductions from your pay being sent to IRD and delays from the money then being sent by the IRD to your provider need to be considered.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Does this thread about a welfare scheme for working people really belong on an investment forum?
    Depends how you think of this forum. If it is a sharetrader forum then no, but if an investment forum with a focus on sharetrading then yes.

Investment is all about allocation of money, in return for gain while balancing risk and reward. Kiwisaver is one avenue to pursue and should be considered as part of a wider investment strategy. It is only once people are fully informed that they can make the best decisions for their person situation.

NOte: there are also threads on property/forex/metals etc.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    so all reported kiwisaver returns might not be 'kosha' ..... dreadful

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/3300...ds-under-fire/
    Now they are a bit more Kosha the results don't look so flash.

Huljich "balanced" = bottom (5.14% growth) out of 43 Moderate / Balanced schemes and their "conservative" 5th from bottom. In the "growth" sector" they are bottom out of 35 providers @3.65% growth over the past year.

Pretty much all other providers managed double figure growth.

Morningstar indicate Aon Balance the biggest gain in the Balanced area with 16.48% and Fisher Fund Growth @ 22.65 in that sector.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by absolut-advance View Post
    10% of net returns in excess of the "cash Rate" - the percentage change in the NZX 90 Bank Bill Index. This fee is calculated daily and paid twice yearly - June and December
    With the cash rate so low, and the share index recording good gains recently, FF would be getting a good payday at the moment.

If it was 10% of returns above the share index that would be acceptable but above the cash rate!!!
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Well my Superlife Kiwisaver is $8000 $2500 from me, $2500 from my employer $2500 from the govt and $500 earnings. I'm happy with that and quite like the Gemino funds holdings now Lynas, Cue, Oceania Gold... but can switch to cash on i net if needed.
    Make NZ good and great, God defend NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by p2r View Post
    Well my Superlife Kiwisaver is $8000 $2500 from me, $2500 from my employer $2500 from the govt and $500 earnings. I'm happy with that and quite like the Gemino funds holdings now Lynas, Cue, Oceania Gold... but can switch to cash on i net if needed.
    Can anyone point me to a particular kiwisaver company that has a growth fund in stocks based in the Asia/Pacific region (incl Australia ).

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Can anyone point me to a particular kiwisaver company that has a growth fund in stocks based in the Asia/Pacific region (incl Australia ).

Thanks in advance
    Would also like to hear from those already in kiwisaver using growth funds, & how have they performed for you?

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Would also like to hear from those already in kiwisaver using growth funds, & how have they performed for you?
    Superlife have an Aussie fund.Or an NZ fund. Gemino seems to be the Growth fund with on NZ and aus but not asia. With my mix you can have 1-100%

http://www.superlife.co.nz/PDFs/Inve...ios/Gemino.pdf

My ASB balanced has lost money but may be back to zero now
    Make NZ good and great, God defend NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by p2r View Post
    Superlife have an Aussie fund.Or an NZ fund. Gemino seems to be the Growth fund with on NZ and aus but not asia. With my mix you can have 1-100%

http://www.superlife.co.nz/PDFs/Inve...ios/Gemino.pdf

My ASB balanced has lost money but may be back to zero now
    Cheers for that link, i'm looking at China & India in particular as a direct exposure to there growth, Australia's growth in the mining sector is coming largely from the Chinese buying in, there has to be a growth fund looking at those asian countries, else i should start a kiwisaver fund myself!

Aon looks tempting and you can choose russell who are into emerging markets and milford have performed fantastically but nz only. But they are pretty hands off. It is pretty good to be able to switch multiple times between funds within a day or so on the internet. Don't know if that is common in the funds. I know it would be good to have some asian equities there. Fisher international has quite a few asian companies. In the past when equities go up the nz dollar goes up but not happeninng at the moment which is great for returns.