Quote Originally Posted by sanctus671 View Post
They have been acquiring a lot of companies to expand its global presence. Seems like a good thing long term assuming they did their due diligence before buying them. Revenues are steadily growing along with profits. As JayRiggs said, EPS growth should grow this year if historic revenue split is anything to go by. Of course, all depends on those "challenges" and how much of an impact that had. Ultimately I think robotics and automation is a huge industry that will only grow into the future. No other company on the NZX you can invest in for that as far as I am aware.

I can understand why the shareprice is going down though given the low yield with slower EPS growth than other companies. When I bought in, I did think Scott Tech had a lot of promise. By no means I am an expert so the declining shareprice does make me feel like I'm missing something. Hopefully things change in the coming years.

"Just put a handful of electrical and mechanical engineers together and give them enough money and they can do it as well.". That seems like a pretty ignorant statement, and same could be said for a lot of companies. Just because it could be done, doesn't mean a business would be willing to invest years of R&D to develop the same technology. That's why you pay a business that has already done it so you don't have to spend that money, time, and risk for R&D yourself.

Disc. holding and feeling salty because share price keeps going down
Share your sentiments there. For tightly held resister that's the problem, it works like s double edged sword.

Looking at recent trading pattern, it looks way oversold and I'm picking we might have reached bottom.

In the long term though JBS will take full control and here's hoping they offer good price for holders.