sharetrader
Page 41 of 113 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

The spicy meatballs at the AGM after match function were yumlicous.

Info I picked up; RobotWorxs is basically a store front operation with repair workshop attached. They have not done on-site installations previously. SCT are hoping to leverage their expertise in this area to broaden RobotWorxs scope. RobotWorx is a savvy internet marketer with a good inquiry to sales ratio. Manufacturing costs in the US are less than in Aoteoroa, raising the possibility that if meat robotics takes off and an increase in capacity is required then the US facility will be expanded to a manufacturing operation.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Info I picked up; RobotWorxs is basically a store front operation with repair workshop attached.
    Didn't see a label. But I assuming that line up of robots on the Annual Report cover, in what looked like a giant otherwise empty shed was the 'back office' at Robotworx?

They have not done on-site installations previously. SCT are hoping to leverage their expertise in this area to broaden RobotWorxs scope. RobotWorx is a savvy internet marketer with a good inquiry to sales ratio. Manufacturing costs in the US are less than in Aoteoroa, raising the possibility that if meat robotics takes off and an increase in capacity is required then the US facility will be expanded to a manufacturing operation.
    Are you able to expand on my bold highlighted Marilyn? Seems surprising!

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Are you able to expand on my bold highlighted Marilyn? Seems surprising!

SNOOPY
    Yes it suprised me as well. The comment was made without any elaboration and I did not query it.

My guess that it is more to do with component costs rather than labour costs. I am aware of comments made by US visitors about how stuff is so much more expensive here in NZ compared with back home. I guess that because the US is a larger market there are more suppliers thus keen price competition for components such as steel, bearings and progammable logic controllers.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

percy

A friend of mine who owns a bookshop here in Christchurch, spent a week working in a bookshop in the US, as part of a research project for Paper Plus group.He told me the rent and wages were a lot lower than here, and the turnover a lot higher.Also they could get any book in for a customer within two days!!

No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Cheers Noodles.

I don't mind throwing a few more dollars in, I only have a small holding though.

I like to get behind a little bit of NZ tech. It does have something of a charity feel to it at the
    moment though as I am only slightly above water:P.

It sure feels like it has been going sideways for quite awhile now.

Good time for the company to be earning those USD's from it's previous acquisition.

SCT seem to be in no hurry to release their H1 results and/or reveal details of the heralded rights issue.

On the basis that companies drag their feet releasing poor results, but rush out the good ones, this one must be awful. Even in 2009, when the H1 result was a loss of $474K, the release made it out on 1 April. In 2012 with NPAT $2,080M the H1 result was out on 23 March, and in 2013 with H1 NPAT of $2.197 the result was out on 27 March. At best this year it will be out on 2 April, the day before Easter, which would make it a "dump and run" exercise.

Perhaps I misread things, and the explanation lies in the SCT crew getting totally distracted by the cricket world cup, or something else that is benign.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Under Surveillance View Post
    SCT seem to be in no hurry to release their H1 results and/or reveal details of the heralded rights issue.

On the basis that companies drag their feet releasing poor results, but rush out the good ones, this one must be awful. Even in 2009, when the H1 result was a loss of $474K, the release made it out on 1 April. In 2012 with NPAT $2,080M the H1 result was out on 23 March, and in 2013 with H1 NPAT of $2.197 the result was out on 27 March. At best this year it will be out on 2 April, the day before Easter, which would make it a "dump and run" exercise.
    In the 30th January 2015 release to the NZX on the acquistion of 'Machinery Automation & Robotics' in Australia, SCT wrote:.

"In our announcement of 4th December, the board signalled a capital raising to reduce overall bank borrowings which have been used to settle the purchase of MAR and last years purchase of Robotworx in the USA. The board is planning a rights issue shortly after the announcement of Scott's half year announcement in March and is currently working on determining details."

You could say they have missed their own March deadline, although with SCT having a major focus on the USA, it is still March 'over there' as I write this :-).

I imagine SCT management will release details of the rights issue along with their half year result. Because of the size of those recent business purchases, I do believe it will have to be a 'proper' rights issue with all the accompanying legal documents. That means dotting the i's and crossing the t's. Also there has been a lot of currency volatility since those business purchases. SCT will have to double check how the NZDs they plan to raise relate to the AUD and USD purchases made.

I am not expecting a great result myself, due to the continuing doldrums of servicing mining companies. As a shareholder though, I am now 'future focussed'. The Robot industry expansion is too new to start showing results as yet.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 01-04-2015 at 06:42 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

I'm enjoying the more aggressive approach of Scott,

I hope some of these acquisition come together and improve the future bottom line.

Its a good time to be spending the NZD overseas.

I would prefer dividends be lowered or better on hold. (but I understand alot of holders find dividends important).

Sometimes deadlines have to be broken, no point releasing incorrect information.

No doubt this next report will be ugly and full of reading.

We have today been graced with the 1H 2015 result.

Better than feared, but that is little consolation.

NPAT improved on 1H 2014, good in itself. But 1H 2014 was the worst six-monthly NPAT in 4 years. Now 1H 2015 is the second worst NPAT six-month NPAT in 5 years. Revenue improved, to the same level as it was in 1H 2012.

Interim dividend is being maintained at 2.5 cents, the payout requiring 99% of NPAT.

No news on the intended capital raising, except that we can expect to hear something in coming months.