sharetrader
Page 11 of 438 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Nice one Trackers, now lets see if there are several more 10% rises, i.e. HGD starts into a steady long term uptrend (to catch-up and join gold's and the mining sector's established up-trend).

The upcoming spin-off of the Waihi gold prospects and the Talisman mine is very interesting. I look forward to understanding the detail, when released within the next few weeks. I wonder if Newmont/Oceania may want a chunk/all of this new (waihi focused company) after listing, for the reasons noted above! Potential is there for some very exciting stuff.

The spinoff/distribution may provide a jump start to HGD's langishing price!

AGM gets closer - happy equity (share/warrant/option) holders wanted ; )

Gold up US$14/oz, now $666.30/oz as at 16.7.06

Bodes well for an IPO and/or spinoff : )

Croesus, why WID over ASN directly?

Banned

Several Reasons,
    WID have other investments
    I know C.C and value his judgement.
    With the no of shares I hold even a 2c increase will have a healthy increase on my N.A.V
    Their aftermatch function is a treat.

cheers Croesus

Is C.C. still bullish then on ASN?

Banned

Will have a chat at the AGM,
    Re HGD wonder when this spin off will be announced...anyone out there privy to that.
    Croesus

Thanks. Watching ASN, may get a few for fun, shortly, will watch/readup a little longer through.

Back to HGD. Gold - now US$673.50/oz!

Not sure about Waihi spinoff - does this mean; an in specie distribution? Or rights issue/capital raising? If the latter, why pay for what we own currently. I reckon any change would need 75% shareholder approval at the AGM - therefore expect detail soon. I understand HGD management have been working hard on spinoff detail for months already (so should be well thought through - incl warrant/option impact).

Re AGM. I'd vote for a (free) in specie distribution (incl part allocation to warrant holders for portion of partly paid shares), plus 1/5 renouncable rights to an IPO for more equity at market price. New coy to have independent Board and new team of focused management/staff to take Waihi prospects into production. HGD to retain a 33% (or min 10% blocking) stake.

Crappy news item in Sunday Star times on Penny Dreadfuls, re HGD. Outdated info...straight out of the "2005 Investment year book" - old stuff, with no mention of JORC resource, huge gold price increases over the last few years.

Lastly - HGD chart is looking brighter : ) To early yet to tell, but could be the turnaround point.

If HGD can 'sell' a tiny part of their business to new investors, to fund further necessary exploration expenditures, then I'm cool with that - It's that or face another dilution or two before they start digging (imo)

Gold pulled back a little today from it recent run up, now back to US$647.70.

Good buying volume however (for HGD on ASX today and depth building back again slowly, sellers (that show) are also lite on upside depth.

On another point, the quality, manner and form of the previously mentioned spinoff will also give us all some insight into the quality/thinking of the current HGD Board. Fingers xed for a pleasant surprise eh?

Increasing trade volume today (compared with daily average for several months).