sharetrader
Page 435 of 438 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438 LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 4380

Only pleasing thing for me in that graph is that I didnt get into HTM back then. Lets hope the worm is ready to turn

.......Im no chartist but to me it looks like we're due for another huge spike upwards??.........maybe even as high as 2.5c!!
    Have a Gr8day.

What a sad state of affairs - the SP down to 1.5c and only one buyer at 0.5c. These guys need a rocket put up them!

Newmont looking active again in Waihi - come take a look at the beleagured HGD. Surely the analysis work must be due soon, maybe locking it in with a JV venture - I think the rocket will need to be pretty large to get these guys moving.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .......Im no chartist but to me it looks like we're due for another huge spike upwards??.........maybe even as high as 2.5c!!
    Hi GR8DAY.
    The spikes had a catalyst. They are not cyclical other than following the overall market trend. You can usually find the source of a spike in the company announcements relating to the same period.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    Dunno if that was tongue in cheek but heres my take on it at a glance.

Knocking the chart above down to the last 5 years I see the last time the market took interest in Heritage was between May and december 2009. Isnt that around the time Trent came on board and the buggered off? This thread will tell you.

The stock appears to have been slowly sold off since then. The bottom in Dec 2008 probably had more to do with world events than HGD. During the period there were 2 high volume days. The first raised the SP 10%. Not a lot considering the volume and the second no SP change so its likely both were the result of paper shuffling rather than market action.

The last chart is a 1 year candle chart. What stands out through the no-trade days and wide swings is market disinterest. Short of a fundamental catalyst I cant see anything happeneing here for a while..............
    Best I dont post a gold chart but it would clearly show the HGD sp has nothing to do with the POG.

If this seems like a knock down. Its not intended that way. Just how I see it. I have held this stock and my friend Oiler. May he RIP even had a tour of the mine with Trent. Think I paid 10c+ and sold at 9c+
    I suspect Trent left cause he couldnt get the cobwebs off the rest of the management team.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by STRAT; 23-04-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Legend

I certainly agree Strat, it's looking very tough for Heritage Gold from this point. Glass Earth hasn't found it easy to get funds either, but they do appear to be a lot more proactive with multiple permits, JVs with bigger firms, paying for surveys and trenching/drilling, even buying half of a mining contractor, to ensure they get their alluvial permits generating cash in the meanwhile.

GEL had a lot of the ground around the Talisman Mine, and gave it up recently. They still have a big strip heading Northeast from above Talisman, around Golden Cross, and past the WKP permit, that has gained them a lot of attention. Every drill into WKP has found more gold, but Newmont has also found enough near Waihi to keep them mainly focussed there for a year or two, in terms of mining. I think they'll use this time to delineate WKP.

Some on this thread have suggested Newmont could be interested in HGD as a takeover. They would not look at anything below 2-3Moz, which is already available at WKP as an estimate. GEL also has a lot more links with Newmont than HGD. So buying a few shares in GEL would make a lot more sense, if that kind of takeover play is being considered as an investment reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Landyman View Post
    PiB, sounds like you must have as many shares as me at above present market value! Im hopeful too.
    Probably - I get a mention in the annual report so was very pleased to see the scoping study announcement today valuing Talisman 20 times or so more than the current capitalisation.

Must be needing more money. Hence a positive spin on the Talisman mine.

Legend

NZResources has this article:

Review of Talisman study indicates commercial development

Ross Louthean — 21 March 2012
    A scoping study review of the Talisman gold project at Karangahake near Waihi has indicated the project could be a robust and highly profitable operation.
    Owner Heritage Gold NZ Ltd (ASX: HTM & NZX: HGD) said that the review that takes in unmined sections of the historic Maria vein system.
    Assuming a 7.5% discount rate the project was considered to have a net present value (NPV), off over $A150 million ($NZ192.3 M).
    This includes, the company said, a conservative 25% contingency on all operating costs. The maximum cash outlay at any time in the 12 year project is $A20 M ($NZ25.6 M), which occurs in year four.
    Manging director Peter Atkinson said that overall, the review showed that the project is robust in the price range of $A1,200 to $A2,000 per ounce of gold and has a break even gold price of under $A1,000/oz ($NZ1,282/oz).
    Using the base case assumed gold price of $A1,600/oz and a silver price of $A30/oz, the review gives an internal rate of return (IRR) of over 70%.
    A review of a previous scoping study for the Karangahake project was recently completed by Melbourne-based mining consultants Mining One Pty Ltd.
    Mining One was engaged by Heritage to update previous studies on Talisman. The main background for the review came from two prior independent studies as well as a range of design files and geological models.
    The review used the mining schedule from a previous study in 2008, with some amendments to prioritise mining of accessible and high-grade ore in early production and defer less accessible low-grade ore .
    The study was based on a 12 year mine life, with staged development building over six years to reach 150,000 tpa.
    The study assumed average ore grade would be 10.2 g/t Au with 95% recovery and 14.3 g/t Ag with 65% recovery and processing plant operation of 24 hours a day for 365 days a year.
    Atkinson said Heritage now plans to advance the project through drill testing and geological studies to increase the confidence level of high-grade ore zones, particularly the known gold mineralisation which is easily accessed.
    Heritage is starting a project development study to include mining and processing options, mine design and scheduling.
    Project studies will be carried out through the balance of this year and into 2013.