sharetrader
Page 51 of 438 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

First day I haven't looked at the markets this year and wouldn't you know it, I miss an HGD announcement.

Good news and I suspect there will be more of this to come. (i have been increasing my stake holding). However a lot more will be needed to get this share back in favour with some disgruntled investors.

For me a key statement by Peter Atkinson is:
    "We are encouraged by results so far and will update shareholders on the
    drilling as results become available.

I hope he keeps to this statement/promise, as I personally believe this is one of the reasons HGD has so many sceptics. Take Paddie's posts for instance, even if I don't totally agree I can relate to his comments.(HGD have taken a long time to deliver anything and still have a long way to go!)

The market is results driven and while most investors have a bit of tolerance, HGD is amongst those that have tested many limits.

I have been in the position to be able to hold for a long time and acquire when prices are low, but I am always keen to see company's follow through with their announcements.

HGD is still promising a lot, but needs to actually produce that gold resource upgrade they have been talking about and list MEM as indicated to actually 'walk the walk', rather than just to talk, or at least provide some positive alternatives.

Then investors/buyers will be really interested and start to push the share price up! We need regular activity that are results driven. As commented previously: If HGD can provide evidence of greater resource levels to approx. 3 times existing levels (ie: 600K+oz gold resource) watch this share price multiply many times over.(IMO at least 10X ).

So I agree - this announcement is good news, but there is still a long way to go for Peter Atkinson and HGD.

Many investors will need a lot more substantial news in the next quarterly report to be convinced to buy in! Lets hope the management of HGD makes this happen, especially with the price of gold looking like heading upwards also.

IMO they may just do so, especially with some help for our Trans Tasman neigbours!
    Then I will look forward to Broken Hill news a bit later in 2007.

Cheers
    BP

Paddie up 19% for the day.... one trade on friday with a value of $430
    Its just a current HTM holder putting upward pressure in SP...

last real trade on the ASX on the 11th... ASX ,19th a micro trade at $10.5 value...

If you hold a large parcel of HTM, whats 19% of $430 and brokage, eg last trade at 4.3cents, just drop your selling point to 4 cents, purchaser of shares gets a discount off the last trade buts its deceptive... and used to trick investors into upwards ramping SP...
    which is what happened at the beginning of Jan... there was panic buying, and some people lost alot of money... a nudge and this stock could easily ramp 100% and hold there which is what we all want...
    [8D]
    .^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

The extract below is from the HGD website and gives an overview of the potential of the Karangahake resource. For anyone interested you can also read more info by going to:
    http://www.heritagegold.co.nz/text/talisman.html. There are some interesting diagrams showing the potential outlook for the area also.

I like the 5mill oz target HGD/HTM has set for this area so lets hope this new drilling program confirms their enthusiasm and outlook on the area.

I think the only people who will be losing money on HGD are those who are looking to sell to early this year. Looking to a resource upgrade in the near future.

Karangahake - Global Field Potential

The Talisman Mine occupies the most southern end of the Karangahake Goldfield and contains all of HTM resources. Exploration away from Talisman is in its infancy. HTM has for several years been gradually mapping, exploring, drilling and assessing the 3.7 kilometre length and 16km2 area of intense hydrothermal alteration associated with this extensive epithermal gold system in preparation of a major exploration effort. We believe that it has exceptional epithermal gold potential. Emphasis in the year ahead will be on exploration of the so far lightly tested targets in this belt away from the Talisman Mine.

Using well-reasoned factors and geological interpretations, we believe a useful working target for the field is 5 Moz. (In line with our duties to properly inform the public, please note HTM is not saying this such resources or reserves exist but rather that the evidence can reasonably accommodate the proposition that it does exist). The distribution of gold targets is shown in a map and diagram under Presentations.

The silicified shear system that hosts the Talisman Mine and the entire Karangahake Field outcrops frequently at surface along the 3.7 kilometres of strike of the epithermal system. At White Rocks a ‘silica cap’ illustrates the proximity of this horizon to the paleo surface at the time of formation and the presence of a hotspring landscape at that time. Many features of the Karangahake Field are in common with the Waihi Goldfield and with other epithermal goldfields around the globe. Because of their geological youth, epithermal fields are generally undisturbed allowing the development of reliable geological models which can be confidently applied between these fields and at Karangahake and other deposits of the Waihi Goldfield.

These models, HTM’s extensive geological mapping and interpretation, and to a lesser extent the pilot drilling by HTM conducted to the north of the Ohinemuri River, indicate about 300m of vertical erosion on the upthrust block to the south of the river. The river itself passes along a major fault. North of the fault the rocks are relatively downthrown by an interpreted vertical displacement of about 100m.

The economic implication drawn from this thesis is that the gold-bearing level reaching to surface at Talisman that has yielded one million ounces of gold and three million ounces of silver, cannot be expected to outcrop in the block to the north of the river – even in the event that it contains similar systems. The northern zone is called Rahu and White Rocks lies on its axial ridge.

This background discussion is important because it indicates strong gold potential in the Rahu Zone. Shallow HTM drilling has intersected significant grades of 6m @ 2.4 g/t Au, 63.6 g/t Ag including 1m @ 7.8 g/t Au, 198 g/t Ag with widespread anomalous gold at surface in road cuttings close to the hole.

The Rahu Zone comprises a significant portion of the 5Moz target HTM has set itself for the Karangahake Field (again please note this is a target only). The diagrams shown illustrate the individual targets as HTM interprets them and are scheduled for drilling.

Gold stubborning clawing back up again, $635.40 close - 8.10/oz rise for the day. Nice.

Just noticed I left these two links off my last post.
    http://www.heritagegold.co.nz/text/p..._talisman.html
    http://www.heritagegold.co.nz/text/project_waihi.html

Hi Jess, yes gold price is looking positive and I also note that many ‘experts’ are concerned about the slow down in supply with the lack of production taking place and new mines starting up globally. This must surely push gold prices higher in the long term and be a positive for any explorer with any substantial/proven resource.

There would be some happy HGD shareholders if they could get anywhere near their 5mill oz resource target at Karangahake!

Cheers
    BP

Gold price steady above US$630 and looking to break the 'shackles' and head higher.
    HGD buyers steady and the sellers not wanting to drop their price too much. Sellers this week have stayed close to the 4 cent mark,(so maybe no desperation to cash up).

With a quarterly report due next week it could be an interesting month ahead, however
    shareholders need to ask some pertinent questions regarding the MEM IPO and resource upgrade which should coincide. I hope Peter Atkinson and the HGD management have some answers to what is ahead in the next few months!

Keep watching this space if the quarterly is positive.

Cheers
    BP

Gold closed at $644.60, down $3.70 on the day - but still moving in the right general direction! The ASX goldies did not seem to move much last week on this upturn - I guess waiting to see if sustained, or not.

Hi Jess,

So when do you anticipate some news with regards to the MEM IPO and a resource upgrade?

Cheers
    BP

HGD
    31/01/2007
    QUARTER

REL: 1554 HRS Heritage Gold NZ Limited

QUARTER: HGD: Third Quarter Activities Report

Quarterly Report to 31 December 2006

Mineral exploration company Heritage Gold is pleased to present its quarterly
    report for the three months ended 31 December 2006.

Highlights include:

- Rights issue funding completed with over $1 million raised; and
    - Drilling underway at Rahu Ridge, Karangahake Project (after quarter end).

The company continues to make positive progress in its comprehensive
    exploration programmes using airborne, ground, and computer-aided techniques
    to test prospective areas. The following is an overview of the company's
    projects.

GOLD PROJECTS (New Zealand) (100%)

Karangahake Project (Rahu, Talisman, and Dominion Knoll permits)

Recently Heritage Gold announced the commencement of a core drilling
    programme at the Rahu Ridge area, north of the Talisman mine. The purpose of
    this programme is to test the upper levels of the same epithermal system that
    hosts the gold deposit at Talisman.

Heritage Gold managing director Peter Atkinson says, "The drilling programme
    is designed to test geochemical and geophysical anomalies and is focusing on
    areas where gold mineralisation has previously been encountered."

Heritage previously identified gold and silver values at depths of 14 to 46
    metres in eight reverse circulation drill holes. The best previously reported
    results were from a depth of 10 to 16 metres in hole RC 2 which assayed 2.41
    grams of gold per tonne (g/t gold) and 63.6g/t silver (including 1 metre at
    7.80g/t gold and 198.0g/t silver).

The 6-8 hole (1,500 metres in total) drilling programme will test anomalies
    and mineralisation over a strike length of approximately 1.3 kilometres of
    the 2 kilometre long Rahu Ridge zone.

"The Ministry of Economic Development agreed to certain variations to the
    Karangahake exploration programme to ensure the optimum programme was
    selected for the project," Mr Atkinson says.

Other Gold Projects (100%)

Essential exploration work continues at the Waihi North and Golden Valley
    projects.

"Exploration work is likely to result in subsequent test drilling
    programmes," Mr Atkinson says.
    "We look forward to reporting back to our investors as soon as more
    information becomes available."

GOLD & BASE METALS (NORTHLAND, NZ) (100%)

Heritage Gold's permit applications cover areas favourable for epithermal
    gold-silver and porphyry copper deposits, as well as gold-rich volcanogenic
    massive sulphide base metal deposits.

The geological environments are similar to those in other parts of New
    Zealand which are known to be mineralised, particularly the Coromandel
    region. In Northland these environments have been significantly under
    explored to date.

"The applications are being processed by the Ministry of Economic Development
    and Heritage is planning a comprehensive prospecting programme using
    airborne, ground, and computer-aided techniques,"
    Mr Atkinson says.

THACKARINGA COBALT PROJECT (New South Wales) (33%)

Heritage Gold owns a 33% interest in Broken Hill Cobalt Limited which has
    title to the Thackaringa cobalt project. This project is held under an
    exploration licence and two mining leases, covering all of the areas of
    significant mineralisation.

"Planning is underway for a drilling programme to further test the extensions
    of the cobalt mineralisation identified to date," Mr Atkinson says. "The
    drilling will be completed by the third quarter of 2007."

MID-EARTH MINERALS

As reported on 14 December 2006 the Mid-Earth arrangements with Mr. Paul
    Cranney, Managing Director, could not be finalised and all agreements with
    him have been amicably terminated. Mr. Cranney retains no shareholding in
    Mid-Earth.

Heritage Gold is seeking a suitable candidate to replace Mr. Cranney and is
    continuing to review th

Agree, nothing much to discuss in the above. Mind you, it does however confirm that drilling is actually occuring now... a small drilling success could well spin this one round quickly.