sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Iron hot or not

I've noticed alot of iron companies listing on the market over the last year or so, most of these companies seem to be going very well
    CFE and RHI to be exact are there any other iron companies that take peoples fancy.

arh.....

quote:Originally posted by donnie

I've noticed alot of iron companies listing on the market over the last year or so, most of these companies seem to be going very well
    CFE and RHI to be exact are there any other iron companies that take peoples fancy.
    I actually have got a smallish stake of RHI,....but noone seems to want to discuss them round here so I don't bother posting on them. I picked them up when IOH was going bananas, as I thought they had some excellent dirt. (even if on most of their tenements they only hold a fractional stake) RHI's stock is highly illiquid, and one bad drilling result will torpedo the shareprice, but someone seems to think they have the goods.

Miner's input on the GBG thread should also be looked at if you are looking at stocks in this sector: the really big percentage gains were made by those who got in at around 8 cents. (like I did, thanks to Miner and my uncle who gave me the skinny on their dirt, as he lives in Geraldton)

Easy's ARH look to be a darling of the sector as well: have to admit I caned them in their previous incarnation, but every dog has their day, etc.

Good luck with it, Donnie.

Jupiter with a fantastic announcement today....they really are shaping up very well. Well worth a look.

rhi and not so much cfe have sure had a great run of late, there should still be more to come in the future.

china exports Iron...

AGO could be the next big thing for the iron companies.

INITIAL PARDOO MAGNETITE TESTWORK FAVOURABLE

Atlas Iron Limited [ASX:AGO] has previously highlighted significant magnetite potential at it’s Pardoo Iron Ore Project, located 75 kilometres from Port Hedland in the Pilbara of Western Australia. Atlas is pleased to report that results from ongoing metallurgical testwork and infrastructure studies have been favourable. They continue to support the company’s conceptual exploration target of a 1 to 1.5 billion tonne of magnetite deposit grading 33 to 36% Fe.
    Rigs have been secured, and resource drilling is due to commence at the Ridley Magnetite target over the coming week. An initial resource estimate is anticipated by July 2007. Atlas will complete this Magnetite drilling programme in parallel with direct shipping ore (DSO) drilling activities. The company remains on target to commence exporting DSO iron ore in the March quarter 2008.

No trading halt in London, where Cape Lambert finished at 28 pence (=68 Aust cents) Friday night.

quote:Originally posted by shane_m

china exports Iron...
    No, China exports steel...

Big Day Out for CFE (Cape Lambert Iron Ore) today. Going to announce a deal with Singapore based company which values CFE at around AUD $375 million, that's more than three times it's current market capitalization before last week's trading halt.

Looks like light at the end of the tunnel for long time holders of IGL which evolved into CFE a couple of years ago. Hope there's some more of you out ther that stuck with it as I did.