sharetrader
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Some people seem to be desparate to get in before the close of the market, three buy orders for 70,000 shares at 1.05, while the next two buy orders are for 10,000 shares at only 0.955.

Massive discrepancy there, why in a rush to buy above $1???? Doesn't make sense to me[?]
    Respect
    TOMMY

Disclosure: trading in and out of many stocks, too many to update the list at the moment...

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING I SAY OR IMPLY... USE YOUR OWN BRAIN AND RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS.

Its simple Tommy. Someone with deep pockets needed to have a stake in RFG. Their price limit was much higher than prevailing market prices. Maybe they see the undervaluedness of RFG, maybe there is a large acquisition in the wings - hang on, no it couldnt be the last one because no insider trading happens on the ASX. At the end of the day sometimes when people take stakes in companies they dont worry about a few cents, because they understand the bigger picture so they wade in and just get their allocation.

cheers

Hi ohmyme,

Yeah, your hypothesis makes sense but I was also wondering whether an acquisition or some other subtantial announcement was coming soon, therefore the rushed buy orders. No insider trading on ASX? mmm, if that is the case michael jackson must be born white[}]

Not complaining about the sudden price hike though, I think once they get their investor presentation out, people will start noticing RFG
    Respect
    TOMMY

Disclosure: trading in and out of many stocks, too many to update the list at the moment...

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING I SAY OR IMPLY... USE YOUR OWN BRAIN AND RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT DECISIONS.

Don't worry Robbo, I'm keeping your crate of Crownies nice and cool [8D][8D] for the $2 party!

Do you think the raised level of interest in RFG could come as a result of the current franchising expo in Melbourne?
    Cheers

BobbyVee

whatever happens it is now back to the original floated share price ...... I am suprised by the rush of shares. Thin sell side (with 100K at $1.10) ..... I am tempted to take a profit here .....

Retail Food Group (RFG)

Yep, they gotta a Speedy Gonzales--

.... Speeding Ticket.!! [:0]

Regards,

Robbo

Robbo

http://www.theage.com.au/news/busine...80.html?page=2

Donut King hit

A SUDDEN interest in the previously neglected Retail Food Group sparked a couple of takeover rumours among trading types yesterday.

Shares in the owner of the Donut King franchise surged 14¢ — or 16 per cent — to $1.05, causing some to muse about whether one of those private equity sorts so keen on Aussie retailers at the moment was circling. It was the company's biggest single-day share price rise in its four-month history as a listed entity, and trading volumes were significantly above average. Yesterday's close was a record high for the Brisbane-based group, whose shares have languished since the float despite recently reporting a 76 per cent jump in profit to $5.9 million — suggesting there's money in deep fried dough.

Perhaps KKR, the US buy-out firm leading a $17 billion tilt at Coles Myer, has found smaller fish — or donuts — to fry?
    Respect
    TOMMY

rfg.

Great little bit of 'very juicy'-- [] research Tommy.

Thanks,

Robbo
    Robbo

quote:Originally posted by davidrob

rfg.

Great little bit of 'very juicy'-- [] research Tommy.

Thanks,

Robbo
    Hi robbo,

No worries mate, RFG is dirt cheap at this price level so being a takeover target would be no surprise. Not selling my shares under $2 though[}]
    Respect
    TOMMY