sharetrader
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Corporate

Thanks Ph, much appreciated. Yesterday was a good day for EWC.

special needs

Default Mr P please

Phadreus, im guessing those slower indicators still havent gone off. given todays action (downwards, although i appreciate its how the day finishes that matters) has the buy signal of a week ago changed, and (sorry for the questions) can a signal change so quickly? thanks

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by evilroyrule View Post
    I'm guessing those slower indicators still haven't gone off.
    Some have, some haven't.

Given todays action (downwards) has the buy signal of a week ago changed?
    The signal wouldn't change, no matter what the outcome. It takes time to tell whether any given signal was good, bad or indifferent. Technically, to make that medium-term signal "wrong" prices would have to fall below the support at 42 cents, continuing the medium-term downtrend. To make that entry "right" prices would have to break above the previous high of 58 cents, making a new uptrend and ending the prior downtrend. Until either of these things happen, we are "in limbo" and must wait and see.

Can a signal change so quickly?
    The shorter the timeframe you are looking at, the more quickly signals can (and do) change. Look now at EWC from a short-term traders perspective. Here we have a Buy signal reversed just 5 days after it was triggered.

special needs

thank you for that. again a lot of sense. will see what the next few weeks bring.

Default Further info

I'm interested in this company. Net Assets - US$393m Cap - US$377m
    No options Cash & Receivables - US$250m
    They seem to have everything sorted in Indonesia - power station up & running with permission imminent to upsize it; enough gas proven alrerady to run it until 2022. Well organised to construct their modular LNG trains, proven gas to supply these for 5 years with plenty of potential gas acreage to allow increase in production ; LNG Sale Contracts in place with Indonesian Company & in negotiation to sell to other companies. They claim the Indonesian projects can be self funded from reserves & income.
    Plenty of gas & CBM acreage in Queensland + some in Sth Australia. Big plans to build modular LNG trains in Northern Queensland though they'll be up against the Gladstone boys.
    These guys have some large targets they're aiming for. I guess the key is will their modular LNG trains be as successful (both costwise & operatively) as they think. They do own & did operate an LNG plant in Alice Springs.
    The Chairman / Managing Director / CEO (1 person) is the companies largest shareholder (45%) & the management do not seem to have their snouts buried deeply into the trough. Can they make these big ideas happen?
    Anyone else know about this company

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Corp, EWC began firing Buy signals on 7/10. You can see that some of the slower, more conservative indicators shown here are still to be triggered.
    Some people claim that Divergences are rare. I disagree!

Hi Phaedrus,

What sort of probability is there that the current downward share price will bounces off the red down trend line that was broken 6 or 7 trading days ago?

Cheers
    C

Advanced Member

Corp, some people think that trendlines provide actual Resistance and Support in the same way that Support and Resistance levels do. Consequently, they believe that when a falling trendline is broken, the extension of that trendline then provides "support". I am not one of those people and consider that the red trendline shown here has served its purpose and is now obsolete. I cannot see any logical reason why the current downtrend should find support when/if this trendline is reached. I haven't got a clue how far the current downtrend will run - and neither has anyone else!
    Trend-followers (like me) don't try to anticipate future movements. They wait until something actually happens then react to this change as logically as possible. The current downtrend is going to last as long as it is going to last. Why waste time and effort vainly struggling to anticipate where/when it will turn around?

Corporate

Thanks P. Very interesting - at this point it looks like EWC is managing to stay above that down trend line.

Corporate

EWC at a market cap of $546m is cheap! I'm keeping a very close I on the price movements.

They've got a power station producing US$70m + per annum and LNG on the way.

Corp,
    They still haven't got all the boxes ticked in Indonesia with regards to red tape. Until they are all ticked they are not shipping the (paid for) LNG plant from Singapore. This company seems to view announcements as a special (quarterly) treat so I think holders are getting frustrated / nervous with the lack of info and moving on to other companies. Volume is low.
    I'm tempted to grab some more at these levels as once the red tape is sorted and the plant is shipped this will (hopefully) re-rate significantly. I'm already in for a 6 figure sum so I'm cautious about over exposing myself.
    cheers

N