sharetrader
Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    Yes I saw that. :mad:

Only a couple of small sellers wanting out IMO.
    Now is the time to be calm: P.O.G. staying up and Peter Liddle did email last week that they will try to put something out soon..which means it'll be interesting/good news.

Always an optimist ElZorro, I wouldnt hold my breath...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aotea View Post
    Always an optimist ElZorro, I wouldnt hold my breath...
    Hi there Aotea, no worries my friend (or is that fellow shareholder?). I'm working on the spreadsheet, and considering GEL has spent perhaps most of $25mill, but in return has dibs on heaps of ground that should easily give that back in short order, and also has all of the airborne and field data as its IP, with EPs in place..that's a business I'd like to own. I must admit though, we don't have enough info at the moment to put a more likely valuation on the company, and will have to wait for the market to help decide that.

Can someone please explain how to put a spreadsheet into the google space, I've enrolled to read some of the other ones already there (from this forum), are there any special tricks? Cheers.

Legend

Default Now that's volume!

Just one share transaction showing for GEL overnight on the TSX - but it's the biggest one for a year or so: 3,400,000 @CAN5.5c. This hasn't changed their BUY/SELL columns much, sellers at 6-8c. One possibility is that an external purchaser (maybe from NZ?) has taken the opportunity

I saw that too but as you scroll down you see 34 mill.
    I checked on google finance and it said 34 mill.
    5.5 looks like it might be support?
    The secret of eternal youth is arrested development.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dartMonkey View Post
    I saw that too but as you scroll down you see 34 mill.
    I checked on google finance and it said 34 mill.
    5.5 looks like it might be support?
    Yep, one of the figures must be wrong, and since no other trades for the day I'd say someone typed in an extra batch of zeroes over there. Never mind, it certainly helped me wake up..

Sorry, I meant 3.4 mill
    no doubt we'll find out which it was ...
    maybe an ex Westpac worker has migrated to Canada and is now working for tmx?
    The secret of eternal youth is arrested development.

Legend

I have attempted to show the GEL permit spreadsheet as a PDF at this point.
    What's immediately interesting is that three EPs are due for expiry or rolling over soon: EP40710, 40667, 40712. So we may see some more action at the Crown Minerals site.

Attachment 2012

This is a work in progress, all public knowledge permit data and website info.
    Prospecting permits are quite large areas often, but with short timescales. The Exploration permits are smaller but last for 5 years (note GEL has one for just a 1 year period). By the time you get to a Mining Permit, these can be quite small in area. Crown Minerals seem to be tightening up on the time periods given, some of the older mining permits are for 10-15-20 years.

In general, GEL has EPs near known gold discoveries, around existing mining permits quite often. The areas covered by each permit reduce during their terms, and what is shown on the front page of the permit is the reduced or current area. The original may have been far bigger, and means GEL is generally holding its strongest positions.

So currently GEL has 15,649.111 sq km of prospecting area, and 805.570 sq km (80,557 Ha) of exploration permits, plus the JVs with Ophir and Oceana Gold. I should perhaps split out the JV areas with Newmont too.

I read that GEl has to surrender 30% of their EP by Nov 29 2009 and a further 30% by May 2010...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aotea View Post
    I read that GEl has to surrender 30% of their EP by Nov 29 2009 and a further 30% by May 2010...
    Yep, meant to ask you about that Aotea..some other PPs/EPs have been extended in duration, and in area during the term. And each time a reduction of 30% occurs, assume that is on the area that is left? So not a linear reduction?

It seems likely Glass Earth will seek to either extend or put in MPAs on parts of the EPs expiring soon, if in comparision with their other sites, it looks worthwhile.

Aotea, this exercise took me a while to compile so far, are there other explorers with similar profiles in NZ? Does GEL have the lion's share?