sharetrader
Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Assuming an unexceptional Christmas period, I would think heading for about $23.8 - $24.1m NPAT for FY11 (excluding effect of extra $2.6m tax).
    Result came in at $24.1m NPAT excluding the extra tax. The upside of the result was the extra 1.0cps of imputed dividend and the strong cashflow that has left them with over $82m of cash in the bank - some of it explained by seasonal factors.

There must be some headwinds for BGR in the coming year, but they are performing solidly and producing good yield (9.2% including imputation at $1.40 s.p.). Plus the extra cash in hand and rollover to another 12-month period pushes my valuation to $1.60/share so I'll probably keep holding for now.

Share Collector

A very strong quarterly showing from BGR with same store sales up 8% on last year. No mention of how much of that was driven by the remaining Christchurch stores!

Margins under pressure though, so that makes it tough, but expecting HY NPAT of $10.2m (up 10%). Still, second half is the biggie for BGR...

Hoping yield will support it here at $1.42, as 6.3% plus imputation is not too bad and might even be 7% if they increase the div in line with the 10% NPAT increase.

Briscoes has held up pretty well today and previously just down 1c today, releasded the results on the right day eh!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    A very strong quarterly showing from BGR with same store sales up 8% on last year. No mention of how much of that was driven by the remaining Christchurch stores!

Margins under pressure though, so that makes it tough, but expecting HY NPAT of $10.2m (up 10%). Still, second half is the biggie for BGR...

Hoping yield will support it here at $1.42, as 6.3% plus imputation is not too bad and might even be 7% if they increase the div in line with the 10% NPAT increase.
    Interesting.BRG only lost Salisbury Street store,which I expect was their worst ChCh store,so with retail very poor through-out NZ I guess the remaining BRG CHCh stores are going gangbusters.A very positive announcement.

Quality retailer this one IMHO

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Quality retailer this one IMHO
    Alhough still at the same share price I stagged at on listing day, nearly 10 years ago!

Share Collector

Really good sales report out from BGR for 3rd qtr - a 9.15% sales increase over pcp and even better on a same-store basis, since they've closed a few outlets over past twelve months.

While clearly the RWC-driven traffic through Rebel Sport will have been a factor, with a 24.6% increase in sporting goods, homewares also managed a creditable 8.2% same-store basis, or up 2% overall. Margins flagged as down, so how much is the question... has a big impact, but I'm going to pick $25.5 - $26.7m NPAT for year to Jan 2012.

Given the high gross dividend yield of 9.4% (at $1.40), this has made a good yield investment. It's not likely to come unstuck in the short-term either, as looks as though it would take a tough Christmas to take the wind out of this years result. Though the challenge might be to find any sellers - they've all scarpered... (unless someone wants to take out the offer at $1.95!).

Good to see that Briscoes now have on-line shopping - powered by: www.estaronline.com
    SCOTTY

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Good to see that Briscoes now have on-line shopping - powered by: www.estaronline.com
    Now that is interesting.Well spotted SCOTTY.

Share Collector

I've sold out of this one in the clean up. Been good to me and sad to see it go - but best sell while things are going well for them. I have too much in retail stocks, between this one, HLG and PHB, so one had to go. HLG has a better div, PHB has better growth...not too much in it really, but liquidity is slowly getting worse on BGR and would be nothing to sell into on a bad news day.

I'd expect first half to be good for them though, so figure I'm leaving something in it for the next guy .