sharetrader
Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

duke da man results reflecting other retailer results this season. bodes well for whs i think too
    one step ahead of the herd

I bought more in late Feb last year...just before the market tanked. I guess it just reinforces the old adage that "time in the market" is more important than "timing the market".

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Is the total annual dividend of 28.5c likely to be replicated in the next financial year as well?
    Who knows? Probably not if the cash is needed for the rumoured "acquisitions".

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Is the total annual dividend of 28.5c likely to be replicated in the next financial year as well?
    Who knows? Probably not if the cash is needed for the rumoured "acquisitions".

... have power to make you great

From March 17 2019, exactly 2 years ago

My biggest regret is not getting Kathmandu, says Briscoe's head | Stuff.co.nz
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/11124...-briscoes-head

Does Rod still have that loving feeling for his old flame KMD. last offer was 5 brg for 9kmd plus 20c, valuing kmd at 180 each. Today he could probably buy the company for even less. We know that as the king of discount he loves a bargain.

"A couple of years ago, we attempted to buy Kathmandu. We ended up with 20 per cent, I would have loved 100 per cent but I am not in the habit of just paying a ridiculous price because someone thought it was worth it. But that said, I regret not getting Kathmandu"

Looking for something chunky that won't compete with his existing lines so maybe...
    Last edited by Habits; 17-03-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    From March 17 2019, exactly 2 years ago

My biggest regret is not getting Kathmandu, says Briscoe's head | Stuff.co.nz
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/11124...-briscoes-head

Does Rod still have that loving feeling for his old flame KMD. last offer was 5 brg for 9kmd plus 20c, valuing kmd at 180 each. Today he could probably buy the company for even less. We know that as the king of discount he loves a bargain.

"A couple of years ago, we attempted to buy Kathmandu. We ended up with 20 per cent, I would have loved 100 per cent but I am not in the habit of just paying a ridiculous price because someone thought it was worth it. But that said, I regret not getting Kathmandu"

Looking for something chunky that won't compete with his existing lines so maybe...

yes see your line of thinking but IMO still think PBtech would be a much better / perfect buy for Briscoes. They even use the exact same sale / promotional activity, would be very chunky acquisition and fit perfectly

Crazy to think how little it has moved with such good news... Me thinks BGP need to launch some artillery in acquisitions to 'spice things up' a bit...
    Otherwise Mr.Market think BGP are boring

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_ View Post
    Otherwise Mr.Market think BGP are boring
    15 year old thread but only 28 pages of comments. I think the market thinks Briscoes is boring. As a long term holder I don't really care...do you?

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    15 year old thread but only 28 pages of comments. I think the market thinks Briscoes is boring. As a long term holder I don't really care...do you?
    Around a third of those 28 pages in the past 12 months - so perhaps less boring than it used to be? Retailing duvets and saucepans is not exactly the most exciting business to be in, but I'm certainly a happy holder for the divvie and the way the business is managed.

sales still booming , margins still strong

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/371818
    one step ahead of the herd