sharetrader

Threaded View

On the other hand, the N.Z. dollar has now come back a fair bit making imports more expensive, customers now face higher mortgage rates and the economy is being impacted by a massive slide in Dairy prices.
    That and the relentless increase in online trading, is this as good as it gets and are they expensive on a PE basis for a retailer ????? I was in one of their stores last week and walked out underwhelmed and gobsmacked at the price they wanted for a 2 pack of genuine Oral B toothbrush heads ($27.95). They didn't have a four pack which my wife usually gets at the supermarket for the same price. I walked out in disgust as a matter of principle..these things are probably made under licence in China for 2 or 3 cents each.
    Came home, jumped on Trade me and ordered a 2 x 4 packs of the generic copy toothbrush heads for $6 including delivery. 75 cents per toothbrush head instead of $14.00.
    To add insult to injury I was in Harvey Norman later in the week and noticed four packs of genuine Oral B toothbrush heads for $17.95 which appeared to be their regular price.
    And just to prove that's not an anomoly here's Noel Leemings price for the identical product
    http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/ho...prod99541.html
    Makes me wonder if all those Briscoes sales they have every 2 minutes are nothing but a great big price CON because even at 30% off you're paying through the nose and then some. I wonder if BGR is code or acronym for Burglar ?
    Next time I want anything in the way of product lines that Briscoes sells I'm going straight on Trade Me, saving time, money and petrol
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-09-2014 at 06:44 PM.