sharetrader
Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyBeer View Post
    My local Briscoes also had long queues on Friday night at 7pm with cars lined up in the car park for a space - Kiwis appetite for new pillows and duvet covers seems to be boundless.
    People with houses can only see the good times. Can't go to Europe this year so gotta spend the money on something. God forbid they might save it for a rainy day...that ain't really the Kiwi way.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by CraftyBeer View Post
    My local Briscoes also had long queues on Friday night at 7pm with cars lined up in the car park for a space - Kiwis appetite for new pillows and duvet covers seems to be boundless.
    Saturday afternoon at Briscoes in Napier was a zoo, but what really stood out was the size of basket, with heaps of people maxing out their volume of purchases. Quite impressive how much stuff was going out the door!

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Saturday afternoon at Briscoes in Napier was a zoo, but what really stood out was the size of basket, with heaps of people maxing out their volume of purchases. Quite impressive how much stuff was going out the door!
    Gotta buy as much as the credit card will allow just in case the sale was a one off?

I've never seen anything like it, our local was crazy.
    Car parks full roadside grass areas full basically anywhere you could park a car, was taken with cars waiting to fill any gaps as soon as they opened up
    Traffic was an absolute nightmare jammed up everywhere.

I can see why it was there biggest sale event ever. interestingly I haven't heard or noticed the constant sales marketing on the radio and TV "60% off" for a little while.
    Maybe they don't need it or the days of those discounts are few and far between.
    Hopefully we'll see some record profits to go with the record sales..

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    price has now smoked 420 resistance
    Attachment 12116

Hey Peat, out of curiosity do you only use a 6M period time frame to look on the chart when you want to make a decision? what can you comment on one year time frame? thanks.

Last Saturday in Porirua most of the business were very busy, Briscoes, The Warehouse, Farmers, HLG. Probably The Body Shop was the only one not so busy.

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    Hey Peat, out of curiosity do you only use a 6M period time frame to look on the chart when you want to make a decision? what can you comment on one year time frame? thanks.
    no
    i dont limit to any particular time frame
    i start at the long time frames and work down till i see something. in this case the 6 month chart showed what I saw the best.

EDIT MUCH LATER

the one year brings in the low from Covid and the high in Jan. it could show possible resistance at 4.48 (this years high in Jan) although I actually think that peak did not form a great resistance area but no doubt will wobble around a bit up here and of course my general view is that equities are overvalued so the overall market may have a bigger impact on BGP than anything else now. But I still hold BGP as 10% of equity portfolio after I got out of Michael Hill too early.
    Last edited by peat; 30-11-2020 at 08:54 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Share price keeps climbing. Now valued at more than a billion dollars.

Why isn't it in the NZX50? Has higher market cap. than many others that are included. Is it due to Rod being the majority owner? Any thoughts appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Share price keeps climbing. Now valued at more than a billion dollars.

Why isn't it in the NZX50? Has higher market cap. than many others that are included. Is it due to Rod being the majority owner? Any thoughts appreciated.
    yes you’re correct NZX 50 eligibility is judged on free float.

in saying that I believe briscoes is getting very close to being in the running for taking a spot in the near future. If that happened I’m sure that would make todays jump look small

Seemed a sizable jump after market close last night? Maybe just playing catch up on the other retailers/general market sentiment this week.