sharetrader
Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    I see that Kathmandu is now bigger than Briscoes. When's the Kathmandu take over of Briscoes happening, lol?

they’re only bigger because xavier has been under the blight of the institutional imperative and not about shareholder returns like Rod.

if you compare the balance sheets and environment going forward, Briscoes in a much better spot to be on the hunt.

I’ll add that I tuned in this morning to the AGM and was pleased by how everyone presented. Looks like a very big push into digital which is good.
    very good inventory management, will be same level as last year even with lockdown etc..
    Last edited by Mr Slothbear; 29-05-2020 at 05:23 PM.

And he explained why Briscoe didn't take up the Katmandu share offer.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DazRaz View Post
    And he explained why Briscoe didn't take up the Katmandu share offer.
    Why didn't he take up the offer? thanks.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Why didn't he take up the offer? thanks.
    Because at Briscoes, "You'll never buy better"

I seem to recall he said something about preferring to have the money available for Briscoes in case things got nasty.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Legend

Mr Market seems to be saying 'when will the signs of the Better flow through into the SP' ?

Will a nice fat juicy Div in near future help fix the market perception ?

When just about everything else is jumping & rising in the early post C-19 approaching spring, the NZX Fairy's Magic Wand
    seems to repeatedly either miss or deviate away from BGR fairly quickly ..
    Last edited by nztx; 06-06-2020 at 01:57 AM.

Briscoe Group is certainly one share that is under rated. They have solid financials, excellent management and less likely to be as affected by a recession compared to other retailers (HGL, KMD). I see that homewares will hold stronger trade during a recession and with all the people renewing health and fitness goals during the lockdown, Rebel Sport will get on track faster.

They probably could pump the SP with an announcement of something vaguely positive (like KMD) and raise the share price. I'm happy to wait for the next financial report.

As an aside, the ticker code is BGP not BGR.

Veteran novice

I don't think Rod is particularly interested in pumping the SP. BGP have a history of under-promising and over-delivering.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I don't think Rod is particularly interested in pumping the SP. BGP have a history of under-promising and over-delivering.

Rod never really liked online business.Was always a bricks and mortar retailer.
    Now that Corona Virus, has moved online sales growth as a % of total revenue years ahead.In 2 months it has moved forward 2 to 5 years.
    It is therefore going to really interesting seeing what direction Rod takes Briscoes, now he has embraced online l.
    Last edited by percy; 06-06-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Rod never really liked online business.Was always a bricks and mortar retailer.
    Now that Corona Virus, has moved online sales growth as a % of total revenue years ahead.In 2 months it has moved forward 2 to 5 years.
    It is therefore going to really interesting seeing what direction Rod takes Briscoes, now he has embraced online l.
    I am not sure that he doesn't like online sales but rather than he doesn't see them replacing their traditional channels. He was on radio the other money talking about how they are going and made the comment that online sales had been strong and he expected that to continue into the future