sharetrader
Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    Liquidity is not going to improve anytime soon if Rod Duke continues to buy. Almost $500,000 in Sep/Oct. With the accumulation of almost $60,000,000 in cash I smell a special dividend in the wind. Particularly if the Amazon threat turns out to be a fizzer. Could we be seeing the beginnings of a delisting in the making. Great for currant shareholders
    The problem is you will not be able to tell if the Amazon threat is a fizzer for 5+ years, they are not in NZ yet, they may never be, or they could be 1 year from now or 10 years. Regardless, the threat isn't going away soon. I am sure people on here will call Amazons entrance into Australasia a non event in 6 months, despite the long long list of embattled retailers Amazon have left in its wake in the US.

A fun exercise could be to look at the SP performance of US retailers since Amazon began to flourish.

Having said that I still hold, but under no illusions about how deadly Amazon could be to Briscoes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    The problem is you will not be able to tell if the Amazon threat is a fizzer for 5+ years, they are not in NZ yet, they may never be, or they could be 1 year from now or 10 years. Regardless, the threat isn't going away soon. I am sure people on here will call Amazons entrance into Australasia a non event in 6 months, despite the long long list of embattled retailers Amazon have left in its wake in the US.

A fun exercise could be to look at the SP performance of US retailers since Amazon began to flourish.

Having said that I still hold, but under no illusions about how deadly Amazon could be to Briscoes.
    Yes agree, . Would hate to have to sell this into a bad news day. Though the recent share price decline seems to be more sentiment then fundamentals. Like all retail stocks should be treated with caution

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post

Amazon now collects and guarantees import costs into NZ (refunding you if it is less but doesn't charge you if it is more) for products over $400 incl shipping making the process nice and easy. So they have paid a bit of attention to NZ lately.
    Last edited by Jaa; 25-01-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Amazon now collects and guarantees import costs into NZ (refunding you if it is less but doesn't charge you if it is more) for products over $400 incl shipping making the process nice and easy. So they have paid a bit of attention to NZ lately.
    I like the refunding part. I used to shop from Kenneth Cole online but they introduced the collection of import costs with no refunds for under NZ$260-$400 purchases. So usually go Iconic for clothing. Free next day delivery, lots of brands and free delivery to NZ for over $50.

Will we see a quarter update tomorrow? keen to see how great December supposedly was.

Banned

They sold a lot fans thats for sure. A great result could see a special dividend this year with the cash reserves building

Another year of profitable growth is locked in. At a pe of 12 seems pretty good value to me and i hold alongside hlg as my retail stocks

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Another year of profitable growth is locked in. At a pe of 12 seems pretty good value to me and i hold alongside hlg as my retail stocks
    Yeah with a decent yield too and trading more than a dollar below last years highs, can’t complain with the value here.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    Yeah with a decent yield too and trading more than a dollar below last years highs, can’t complain with the value here.
    61m NPAT full year with biggest boxing day sales ever. Good solid result

Banned

As expected another great result. Sellers very thin on the ground so north of $4 again shortly perhaps

https://www.nzx.com/companies/BGP/announcements